Review on Zeiss rangefinder PRF.

www.yorkshireroestalking.

Distinguished Member
Well I can only say what a fantastic peice of kit this is.
Its the handheld Zeiss Victory 8x26 PRF (pocket reange finder) with BIS (ballistic Intelligent system).
Let me explain you take the charts and match your load/zero and then program the unit to that cartridge (dead easy 1 button).
Then when you range your target the range is displayed in yards or metres the a second after another figure flashes up telling you a hold over figure in inches or centimetres.
And it works.
This morning a fox was rumaging around and with no way of getting closer I decided to let the client have a go.
Using a 6.5x55 with slow 156RN'sit was no mean feet(rainbow trajectory).
Having already programmed the PRF I ranged him 189 yards then it flashed H5 indicating 5 inch drop, I said aim 2 inch over the foxes back and he fired.
A kill.
I also in the course of the morning ranged a hare at 588 and a roe doe at 468, 592 (107 inch drop
e30722.gif
e30722.gif
).
And optics so clear you could leave your bins at home.....

Well I can only say what a fantastic peice of kit this is.
Its the handheld Zeiss Victory 8x26 PRF (pocket reange finder) with BIS (ballistic Intelligent system).
Let me explain you take the charts and match your load/zero and then program the unit to that cartridge (dead easy 1 button).
Then when you range your target the range is displayed in yards or metres the a second after another figure flashes up telling you a hold over figure in inches or centimetres.
And it works.
This morning a fox was rumaging around and with no way of getting closer I decided to let the client have a go.
Using a 6.5x55 with slow 156RN'sit was no mean feet(rainbow trajectory).
Having already programmed the PRF I ranged him 189 yards then it flashed H5 indicating 5 inch drop, I said aim 2 inch over the foxes back and he fired.
A kill.
I also in the course of the morning ranged a hare at 588 and a roe doe at 468, 592 (107 inch drop
e30722.gif
e30722.gif
).
And optics so clear you could leave your bins at home.....
Sound a good bit of kit but at what price..??

A couple of my shooting buddies have and swear by them you get crystal clear optics from them, a bit like my old Conquest scope.

ATB Nick.

Well after a month of field trials it is all I thought it was going to be.
Furthest shots have been in the quarry at chalk stones out to 328m's lasered the range aimed high and hit the 4 inch chalk stones first shot on all occasions between 200 and 328. With the 6.5X55 and 156gr RN's (rainbow trajectory). Took any guess work away.(I'm not suggesting long shots but at foxes or a wounded deer etc).
Ranged an oak tree at 1487m's.
Optics to die for.
5 STAR.

are they the ones you had when i was there john?.if so i can vouch for the clarity as well.

Back