Insurance

BASC for me. Not the cheapest (although over a year, there isn't a great difference in any of 'em) but the most comprehensive insurance and, dare I say, these days you'll be supporting an organisation that is the most influential in terms of all field sports activities.

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!!!
why can you not use the search facility and check all the other posts on this subject...

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!!!
why can you not use the search facility and check all the other posts on this subject...

Fair point, but there's nothing new under the sun they say, so if everything has been said before, then nobody would be writing anything new in this forum. Besides, topics such as insurance providers and cover change over time and is worth re-visiting from time to time. Just saying like....

With BASC you can't earn ANY money from stalking (ie sell deer to a game dealer, client fees, sell venison) without invalidating your insurance.
With BDS you can earn up to £5000.
I believe this may change soon as I highlighted this to BASC after being with them for years and then discovering that I effectively wasn't insured!:eek:
MS

Wow! no wonder you picked the profile pic you did! LOL...for someone just in the door to the SD, you sure don't like the subject at hand...can't wait to see your response in 5 years time when it's been coming up again about 50 times since :) LOL

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!!!

Just to clarify the point about BASC insurance and selling venison, game etc into a dealer for example please see here:

http://basc.org.uk/join-basc/basc-members-insurance/

We do not cover commercial shooting, so if you are being paid to stalk or asking for payment to take someone stalking then that's not covered, but I am happy to try and help anyone who falls into this category if I can as we have a broker who is a BASC trade member who may be able to help.

David

NGO for me after being let down by basc many years ago been with them a while now couldn't be happier with the cover or the organization

After a spell in the doldrums, I think BASC have come good in recent years. . Much of this I think has come about by making themselves much more available to their membership. Their membership of SD among other things should be applauded.

Last edited:
Thank you, we will always try to do our best and will always keep trying to improve and develop our membership services

David

Back