WTF? Lynx in Sussex?

spandit

Moved one of my trailcams to a new location last night and just went to check it this afternoon to see if it was actually working (as I had my doubts)

The first 2 pictures were as follows:

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

Perhaps it's just a domestic cat close up but what do you think? The camera took a third picture but it's pretty dark and doesn't really show much more even after enhancement - you can see the back end of the animal but it's not very clear:

IMAG0003.jpg

The video the camera takes after doing those 3 shots didn't show anything at all so I haven't uploaded it

Can't really work out what is up with the back end. It was the mother-in-law who said lynx... Made a bit of a change from the usual rabbits and foxes anyway

Have you got a spare ruler,or any type of scale you can make up and place a set distance from your cam before it comes back,doesn,t have to be elaborate couple of bits of string on a branch will do,oh and its not a lynx because that comes in a black tin,;)

Obviously a cat. But sell the pictures to a trashy newspaper, they might have 'em. The back end does look a bit funny, Possibly a pregnant or recently given birth moggy but cats can be fairly fluid as regards their shape.

To be fair, those markings on the front legs, & the general build / slightly clubbed tail, could be a wildcat cross domestic, & before anyone jumps on the "Wildcats are not present anywhere other than x y z", Both I and a shooting bud have actually witnessed them in Wales and Shropshire borders.

Wrong tail for a lynx. Still a cool picture what type of cam did you have it on. Thanks for sharing. ��

Obviously a cat. But sell the pictures to a trashy newspaper, they might have 'em. The back end does look a bit funny, Possibly a pregnant or recently given birth moggy but cats can be fairly fluid as regards their shape.

I agree, most cats are fairly fluid after an introduction to a 22/250. I also agree with former poster Bengal cross, tail is much too long for Lynx anyway and whatever it is it shouldn't be there so cage trap it for disposal.

:stir:

Back