Paul Burke is a gent

jimbo123p

I had a Kaps 8x56 scope of th site here but due to circumstances I never mounted it. Three years on when I did the cross hairs would not move up or down. The adjuster stuck solid. I tried a bit of brute force and ignorance. The adjuster came out complete minus thread. The brass stripped. I sent it off to Paul. He phoned. He could not get the correct adjuster. Would a slightly larger one be ok. Yes, it is a working scope. Well, he has cleaned it up. Turned a new thread in the lathe. Reset it and got everything working. Expensive??? £35 plus £10 postage. As I said a true gent, thanks Paul. Jim

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but would anyone have an email addy for Paul Burke, if he is still carrying out repairs?. I would like to drop him a line to try and get one of my scopes sorted.

I can PM his address tomorrow if that helps?

His phone number is on here somewhere as he doesn't do e-mail.

When last I spoke to Paul he had just had something of a health scare but if not entirely mended was still able to replair a vintage Redfield for me.

K

01217881050 he has been away but home now spoke to him yesterday always 1st class repairs from Paul

That's great thanks for the phone number, I wasn't sure whether he was still in operation. I will give him a call as soon as I get a chance and see if he can help. Thanks blaize, address would be good.

That's great thanks for the phone number, I wasn't sure whether he was still in operation. I will give him a call as soon as I get a chance and see if he can help. Thanks blaize, address would be good.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, can't find his card in all the reloading clutter.

Best call him first anyway.

Cheers

K

I had a Kaps 8x56 scope of th site here but due to circumstances I never mounted it. Three years on when I did the cross hairs would not move up or down. The adjuster stuck solid. I tried a bit of brute force and ignorance. The adjuster came out complete minus thread. The brass stripped. I sent it off to Paul. He phoned. He could not get the correct adjuster. Would a slightly larger one be ok. Yes, it is a working scope. Well, he has cleaned it up. Turned a new thread in the lathe. Reset it and got everything working. Expensive??? £35 plus £10 postage. As I said a true gent, thanks Paul. Jim
Plus one from me, I had a scope problem, Paul fixed it, and made a similar charge, a true gent indeed!

Hi

I can only concur with the comments below that Mr Burke is indeed very helpful following need of his expertise - well done and thank you very much Sir!

L

Back