40th birthday present.

Sometimes, you just have to hand it to the long haired generals!

I'm due to turn 40 in 3weeks, yesterday after much deliberation I got the stupid statement of " I've looked all over, but can't find anything for your birthday, so, what would you like?"

Well, I would really like a days deer stalking but I know its a bit out of our price range, what with our lad getting married in August, me due out the army in 18 months, so also saving for a house.

Shocked, stunned and amazed, she says ok. The sly old dog had been saving for a few months to get me something good.

I'm now booked in for a full day with one of the members on here on the Roe doe's. Can't wait for it.

Will do a write up once done.

Can't thank the General enough.

Dom:D

They have the ability to amaze ,surprise shock and batter us is the same breath .Sounds like someone knows you very well ,enjoy your birthday Dom its a milestone<:old:>.Im having a similar" problem"50 in June what do i want:doh:.Dont forget to do a write up and good luck .atb Iain

They have the ability to amaze ,surprise shock and batter us is the same breath .Sounds like someone knows you very well ,enjoy your birthday Dom its a milestone<:old:>.Im having a similar" problem"50 in June what do i want:doh:.Dont forget to do a write up and good luck .atb Iain
40 is not the problem everybody says it is - but 50 that's different entirely! AND 60 OMG!!!
Have a great day!

Can't wait to get out, ive already had a bo*********g and told to stop going on about it :oops:

Can't wait to get out, ive already had a bo*********g and told to stop going on about it :oops:

Isn't that just proof that the House Managing Director has got you EXACTLY the right prezzie for your 40th....??
Full write up & pics expected in due course please!!

Exactly what I did for my 40th 2 years ago,

its been a great great journey since then,

its also cost cost me a fortune, travelling around the country in pursuit of deer lol ,

have a a good un mate, and get saving , if you get the bug you/ your bank balance has had it lol ,

no pockets in shrouds

atb

kjf

Just say Yes dear I understand all you are sayinggggggggggg :fib: and unpack your gear once again on front room floor and repack it while watching a stalking vie you tube, works for me ? the eyes will roll and the room will be mine ? free of chatter and tuts lol.

:rofl: then go and move the Springer over whilst muttering "she'll never understand me like you do baby" as I crawl in the dog crate.

My first (and only, so far....) stalk was a 40th birthday gift.

Life is short and we should make the most experiences, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Don't get hung up on you must get a beast
If you do ... Cracking !
If not look back & hope that you enjoyed being out

Enjoy
Paul

Good luck. Hope you have a great day. A very good mate of mine fancied having a day stalking for his birthday last week. I booked us up for a day with Simon last week. The weather gods looked favorably on us and Tom (my mate) guided by Simon got onto a roe doe. Stalked in from 800 yds down to 50 yds. Got his first deer off the sticks. It was great to see the BIG smile on his face and the recount of the stalk. Had breakfast and then out again for the day. Absolutely brilliant day and made all the better by being part of someone's special moment. Good luck.

Woodmaster, that is what i call friendship. Glad he had a great day and managed to bag his first deer.

Dom

Don't remember 40th or 50th but for 60th went to South Africa with a friend also for his 60th and another for his 65th along with our wives. Great adventure hunting tasty animals and must return! Happy Birthday!

Back