Remington .308 ammo

Just bought some Remington accutip 165g .308 for £45 nearly fell over when he told me the price, have googled them and they have great reviews, has anyone tried them?

Yeah only 20 thought they must be good at over £2 each, still a cheap deer tho :), check out there reviews on google, they're supposed to be the dogs najjers

The nearest gun shop near me is 40 miles ( near as damn it ) and they only have one choice of bullet, so unless I spend a day driving to various places I'm stuck with what I can get hold of !!!
Hopefully these remingtons will be worth here money !!!

Just bought some Remington accutip 165g .308 for £45 ...

Hmmm, I've bought the equivalent round for the 260 Rem in the past and that's approximately the price the Sportsman quoted me recently for some more. However I do expect the 260 Rem version to be significantly dearer than the .308 Win version. Regards JCS

Just bought some Remington accutip 165g .308 for £45 nearly fell over when he told me the price, have googled them and they have great reviews, has anyone tried them?

Never likely to try them at that price either, that's truely awful.

Yes I have used this in my 308 (150grain) before I started reloading a few years ago, and it is really good ammo. My mate still uses it in 30 06 and I keep a box in reserve for my 308, just in case!
Last box I bought was £37 for 20, so £45 does not surprise me, depends how much you are going to shoot, although zeroing becomes a bit expensive!!!!!
Weirdly enough I bought the 150 grain Rem accutip heads to reload with and I never got them better than the factory, despite various mixes etc.
If you can get or load cheap ammo that works for you, all the best, if not pay the money and get something you have confidence in, just my opinion.
Cheers
JP

The Accutips are just Nosler BT's loaded in the Remington factory.

Someone please explain the joys of hand loading to our friend....

i have used 75grain accutips in my 243 verry accurate indeed but no more so than v-max i am now loading my own would never spend that sort of money on any rounds again.ppu £12 a box for 243 and 308 bought a load 2 birds with 1 stone a great round for the money and plenty of brass for reloading £45 a box thats daylight robbery man. start to home load its not as hard as you might think

I bought a box last autum, cost £37 so not as expensive. Pattern they produced out of my sako I would have been proud of out of my beretta 20 G!! On top of this at least 5 of the cases had split necks afterwards. In my rifle and hands not a good investment!
Reloading is the way forward.

BE

Back