Scope help.

bobjs

HI ALL.

JUST ABOUT TO PART WITH MY ZEISS SO.

I need a wee bit of help. my boss at work has sorted me a wee bit of cash to add to my funds to help with a new(second hand) scope so im looking for a swaro/ ??? with the tds 4 style ret,

now i am not 100% sure that they do one (the older models that is) with a low mag.

what would be good is if it.

was a 3 or 4 mag at the base magnification.

then up to 14/16/18 mag top end magnification.

1" or 30 mil ...not to worried as i have a set of both for the sako.

no side focus, but front pa is no bother,

so any you lads use one ?

thank you

bob.

Bob. I have a Swarovski AV6-18x50 1'' tube with a TDS-4 reticle. I bought it a year or two ago from Hubert (Stag1933) on here. It is not for sale, so I can't help you there but I can confirm that it an excellent scope. I use it on my .243. It is mainly set at 6X with the parallax at 100yds however, for those long shots down a woodland ride, the higher magnification and front parallax adjustment come into their own. This one also has a sunshade. I saw one in my local gunshop the other day for £850 if I remember correctly.

Hi Bobjs

Not for sale but I have a Pvi 2 hi grid 4-16x50 Tds plex ret great scope sat on the shelf in the wardrobe as I have put a 6x42 swarovski on my 6.5x55 swede.
This will go on my 7x64 if I ever find the right one.
Find the reticle great if you use the swarovski app to work out the drops,also let's you put in the mag so you can get MPBR for centre cross hairs.
30 mm tube,front parallax.

Good luck with your search Paid £1100 for mine brand new 5 years ago.

Dave

Hi jay

I know what you mean,

but i think IF is looking at selling it complete,

Plus i have not sold the zeiss yet...............

bob.

Jay - Thanks for the mention

Bob - You're right, but have a chat with EyeFor as he might have a 6-18x50 TDS-4 coming up sometime soon. I think he's looking for around £850 for it, but he'll be able to confirm.

Cheers
iain

Back