Disposable gloves

seanct

Aldi are selling a box of 80 disposable gloves for £5

not sure if this is cheap or not bit I thought It may be worth a mention.

Just seen em, diamond knive sharpeners £7.99 and Stanley hand sanitizer £2 as well .weeks shop £67 would have been a ton at tesco ...I love Aldi
​norma

We buy ours off ford on line they charge us about £3.50 but they have powder in the lads cant get them on and off without the powder they are a waste

Worthy of note that not all nitrile gloves are equal.

These days there is no need for powdered gloves. Even with wet hands you can get nitrile put one (not so easy with latex). All sorts of issues with the powder and allergies

All sorts of issues with the powder and allergies

What is the powder made of? Isn't it something fairly inert (allergenically speaking) like calcium chloride? :-| I'd have thought the latex would be more of an issue with allergies to be honest. Or the deer blood itself! :D

That aside though, happy to recommend Monarch (Rob) as supplier having met him at Kelso... a thoroughly friendly and helpful chap and I'm not just saying that 'cos of the orange badge! :D

​Alex

Last edited:
Fair enough! I'm no stranger to allergies (effectively allergic to my own gut!) but never had any problem with powdered gloves. When you wear them all day every day (or when you are operating and there is potential for transfer to a living subject) I suppose you have different concerns and rightfully so!

As far as I know, powdered are still pretty normal for food prep though, aren't they?.... stand to be corrected!

Personally I buy non-latex whatever I can get cheap (powdered or non) a batch load at a time and I wear them for gralloching, working on machinery and herpatological purposes. But obviously like all things you can buy too cheap....

We sell them to clients as milking gloves and use them ourselves. Don't have any powdered gloves in the practice either the non sterile nitrile for almost everything (I wear them for every single farm call and anything dirty in the surgery) or the sterile latex.

We get these and sell them for a similar price to clients as Monarch sell theirs (assuming their price includes VAT?) - just under a fiver plus VAT.

Barber Healthcare

We buy 50-100 boxes at a time.

Back