Cerakote

I have had a squint at the charts on a few sites, but you really cannot get full on feel for it on the pooter screen;), was hoping someone had maybe seen something similar.

I've played with the Damascus pattern a few times, quite difficult but it came out ok ish. Other than that there isn't much else...

Can you do bright pink for the .243w users? :lol:

i think you'll find 'Prison Pink' in the colour chart as standard - and specified for all 243's. Colours can be mixed if you want something more ......virulent....

Finnbear, Tactical Coatings have done a number of shotguns in more traditional finishes. Leave a message to ask to speak to Jay.

Can you do bright pink for the .243w users? :lol:

Don't laugh...I've done several in Pink over the 8 years I've been in business...all women of course! ;)

Basic prices as folk know for barreled action is £55 plus postage. :thumb:

I was looking for the colour closest to the old Damascus barrels, A very soft matte bronze brown, trouble is the website patches are not very good.

I was looking for the colour closest to the old Damascus barrels, A very soft matte bronze brown, trouble is the website patches are not very good.

None of them ever are because most are not on any colour spectrum, what with that and low res it's almost impossible to a feel for a colour, hence I mix. ;)

Tactical Coatings Uk - home
I'm told that they can do almost anything
Ed
The americans are allowed to lie in their Advertising, and often do so.
Funny I have stainless tackle on my mooring in front of the house, just cleaned the seaweed off last Weekend. Not a spot of rust after 4 years on the surface in and out of salt water. That 416 grade rusted quite well in that Video. Looking at that I don't believe a thing that was said in the test.
edi

Funny I have stainless tackle on my mooring in front of the house, just cleaned the seaweed off last Weekend. Not a spot of rust after 4 years on the surface in and out of salt water. That 416 grade rusted quite well in that Video. Looking at that I don't believe a thing that was said in the test.
edi

Edi,

At the risk of going even further off topic than your post, what are you trying to say here? You've included a link to a UK company and are then talking about Americans lying in their advertising. It doesn't really help the OP and is a rather bald statement.

Finnbear,

As Jamie says, Cerakote can be mixed to produce the best effect/colour match on the weapon itself - the swatches are indicative and my experience is that the colours produced in even the best photos quite tell the true story. I'd be very surprised if a good colour/patina/shine finish that was true to the original could not be achieved with Cerakote.

Edi,

At the risk of going even further off topic than your post, what are you trying to say here? You've included a link to a UK company and are then talking about Americans lying in their advertising. It doesn't really help the OP and is a rather bald statement.

I was referring to the US Cerakote video on the UK website. Did you see that?
edi

Think Edi has a point, a lot rely on what this website or that website says about a product, until you have extensive use of the products you can't really rely on what others say. I've been using both Duracoat and Cerakote since 2006, I know both products inside out, I know what they will and won't do and what I can get away with from my own extensive experience.
In actual fact I actually brought the coatings here in the first place for commercial purposes. ;)

edi

your boat Tackle will be 316 stainless which is a austenitic marine Grade and not Hardenable

416 is a hardenable martensitic Grade stainless and to do this requires High Carbon content which increases rusting

your boat Tackle will be 316 stainless which is a austenitic marine Grade and not Hardenable

416 is a hardenable martensitic Grade stainless and to do this requires High Carbon content which increases rusting

I understand that, just the amount of rust on that barrel seemed very ott. It looked more like a mild steel....

Another thing I didn't understand is why they use a rust contaminated salt bath, surely they could have cleaned the thing before doing such a test.
edi

I understand that, just the amount of rust on that barrel seemed very ott. It looked more like a mild steel....

Another thing I didn't understand is why they use a rust contaminated salt bath, surely they could have cleaned the thing before doing such a test.
edi

in the right conditions Martensitc SS corrodes very well as shown
I get Rust spots on Stainless steel blades I test in the Dishwasher and that's on very expensive top end gen 3 powder knife stainless (due to the high salt in the water) even if left outside in all weathers tho that takes months

didn't really matter about the bath or not they did all the test pieces together so they all had the same environment so are directly comparable to each other but maybe not to a similar test in a cleaned bath etc

Back