Stalking In Scotland In the summer.

The dane

Hi.
I'm stalking roebucks just outside Glasgow In August and I'v heard alot about the midgets.
Any tricks to make life a little easyer while out there with them :):)

Not for me I visit the latest in April for the start of the bucks then back up in the winter I get bitten to $$$$ with every known spray lotion and roll on midge deterant On !
Good luck you'll need it !
Norma

I was up in Dumfries in June, done the quickest gralloch ever buck over my shoulder and run and I mean run.
i visited Inverness last August stalking never in a million years again.
A camo bee keeping outfit is what your after. I always look like the elephant man after a stalk during the midge season.

Hi.
I'm stalking roebucks just outside Glasgow In August and I'v heard alot about the midgets.

If you wait till november they will be in pantomime:stir: .do you not mean midgies . Anything with deet in it should work

the clouds of midgies and the sheer invasive irritation they can generate should not be underestimated (as it surely will be by anyone that hasnt actually experienced it)

Yeah you need a combination of stuff to survive -

A mixture of avon skin so soft, smidge and deet with a midge net.
A thermocell is a god send if static in a high seat
There usually a bit easier on you in the morning than at last light
And if all else fails, as said above - chain smoke:)

And even with all of this you will still get bitten just not as much!!

:rofl:
Sorry about my spelling but you try to be a foreigner and spell a word you've never used before!!!!! :):D:D
Thanks for the replies.
I'll try my best with Jungleoil and something covering my face and hands.

Only 3 weeks to go. Can't wait.

Thanks guys.

order avon skin so soft online, that's what you want. also, bring a tight knit face veil just in case they're feeling extra hungry that night.

held og lykke ;)

Smidge, it is the only stuff that I find works. I work in the West of Scotland where midges are absolutely terrible, I go out with smidge on and get next to no bites.

Al

hello there,

if its any consilation its only the females that bite so if you look out for them yel be fine!!
Hi.

ANYONE GOT BOG MYRTLES NUMBER I NEED A DATE FOR A BALL,:doh::doh::doh: bzzzzzz bzzzzz smidge /head net and skin so soft on amazon 17quid all in

Last edited:
Back