Costly Cock Up

Rob3104

I’ve messed up: I applied and have been granted permission for a .243. But I forgot to request a moderator at the same time! Another cheque for £26! :(:oops:

A decent FEO would've called to ask if you had missed it off and given you the chance to rectify paperwork... Seems a bit sh*tty to ask for another £26 IMHO

A decent FEO would've called to ask if you had missed it off and given you the chance to rectify paperwork... Seems a bit sh*tty to ask for another £26 IMHO
why would he of asked, not everyone wants a mod on every gun, people have to accept responsibility for there own actions.

why would he of asked, not everyone wants a mod on every gun, people have to accept responsibility for there own actions.

Why would he have asked? Because I would have done, and I'd like to think that some folks are generous enough to do so rather than leave the OP to cough up an immediate and additional and unnecessary £26... I wish I was that perfect specimen, but sadly I have a flaws that lead me to make mistakes

My FEO said "you'll prob want moderators for all your rifles at some point so I'll stick them on the application. You don't have to buy one if you don't want it" Also a lot of second hand packages come with mods so may as well have it and sell it on or just not use it. I'd have expected the FEO to at least mention something just to be nice.

We all make mistakes....... and I'm happy to accept responsibility for my actions. No big deal.... i can stand £26!

The FEO did not even contact me. Just sent off the variation request and got it back within 10 days!

If they make me pay, as suggested, i'll also ask for another calibre (and mod).

We all make mistakes....... and I'm happy to accept responsibility for my actions. No big deal.... i can stand £26!

Never mind I bet there's a few out there me Included that would agree £26
is'nt to large a sum to pay for when we've "messed up" as you put it..! :D

Atb Buck.

Back