Scone Game fair

mereside

The UKSHA has kindly been given space for a stand with the BDS along with doing presentations on follow up of wounded Deer and Wild Boar and finding the shot site we hope you can come up and say hello and take our new shot site cards to help you recover wounded game. Thank you to everyone involved in helping us attend the http://www.scottishfair.com

Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust Scottish Game Fair - Home
The GWCT Scottish Game Fair
scottishfair.com

Last edited:
At that price,,,,forget it,,,,,, and you are cheecky enough to ask for volunteers to help you run it for free
gamefairs USED to be about country folk getting together but now it is nothing but a money making exercise for the organisers and land owners,,, plus the link did NOT mention about the parking charge last year it was £5 over the entry fee

WONT be there

Last edited:
I wonder if it is worth taking a chance driving up to the game fair thiis morning as it's humping it down with rain just now !

I was there yesterday, and had a great day out with a group of pals. Sun baking down, met up with loads of pals and organised follow up shooting days out of it. I was not particularly needing anything, but left with some real bargains, just small stuff. Also the usual treats from the food hall, so family were happy on my return. I spent a little too much time looking at RF binos and compared a couple that my local shops dont hold, so it was worth it for that for me. I will be having a set at some point.

We all thought it was noticeably busier than the Friday last year, and we were surprised that there were quite a few new stands, and of course all the usual ones as well. Business appeared to be brisk, with basically everyone carrying bags on the way back to the car park.

All our wee group agreed it to be a fine day out and we will be back next year.

That's what I was thinking mate! It says on the web site fair defo on today ahh well better get the finger out and make a move ha-ha.
ATB

Picked up two mates and headed up to Scone fair yesterday! Had a great day all three of us enjoyed it and I bumped into a couple of guys I know that I have not seen for years,
Weather was overcast and the place was muddy but with the wellies on it didn't matter it got warm later on in the afternoon and we were there till the end.
Matt who was with me bought a few things and got a bargain on a Deer-hunter jacket it was reduced from £100 to £ 69 at the start of the day and by the time we were heading home it was down to £49-99 result for him so he was a happy chappy
I let Johnny my other mate go have a look for a tweed cap he was after in the Haggart's stall and we walked next door and he wasn't in there long and nearly s--t a brick at the price ha-ha! He is on a tight budget as unemployed just now
I met Chris of UK Gunworks in his stall and had a great chat with him about various things related to rifles and all the work he carries out very decent guy that spent a good bit of time chatting to me and Matt and some great advice from him so :tiphat:to you Sir.
All in all we had a good day and was worth the trip :thumb:

We went today , got to the pay booth , myself. Susan and Leigh in her wheelchair and the guy says " the gentleman before you paid your entry ". The guy couldn't point him out as he had already disappeared into the crowd . We were gobsmacked !!

I met Chris of UK Gunworks in his stall and had a great chat with him about various things related to rifles and all the work he carries out very decent guy that spent a good bit of time chatting to me and Matt and some great advice from him so :tiphat:to you Sir.
All in all we had a good day and was worth the trip :thumb:
Likewise...had a good waffle about some of the rifles he's built me and whats in stock

That is fantastic to hear and hopefully restores our faith in humanity! Hope you had a great day.

We went today , got to the pay booth , myself. Susan and Leigh in her wheelchair and the guy says " the gentleman before you paid your entry ". The guy couldn't point him out as he had already disappeared into the crowd . We were gobsmacked !!

Back