which wellies

jimbo1984

hi gents s you can probably tell im replcing some old kit at the mo and my welies are on that list ive had muck boots amd hunters and wasnt impressed so ive narrowed it down to le chmeaus or aigle , my budget is around 150, any thoughts?

many thanks , jim

I got a pair of these last week, i think I might take them back though, they're a bit tight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 24
hi gents s you can probably tell im replcing some old kit at the mo and my welies are on that list ive had muck boots amd hunters and wasnt impressed so ive narrowed it down to le chmeaus or aigle , my budget is around 150, any thoughts? many thanks , jim

I use these lad they are comfortable and very hard wearing, there may be better boots to be had but for this money I have not found them.

Dunlop Purofort Plus Non Safety Wellington

Jim I got a pair of Musto Holmsides from the sportsman and rate them very highly. I hate wellies but yet these seem to jump on my feet more often that not now.

nutty

I got recommended country estate wellies only £35 had same pair now for two years still plenty where in them and I walk approx 15 miles per week in them.
I even prefer them to hunter.

Very comfy and steardy etc...

Chameau and Aigle are good safe bets - but have a look at the Seeland Estate Neoprene Zip - has a Vibram hunter sole - Uttings have them for about £110?

I am an Aigle man. I use Parcours unlined ( summer) boots and neoprene ones. Nice tight fitting around the ankle. Comfy als running shoes. I wouldn't change them for anything. Stay away from zips, etc.... all prone to fail. My neoprene ones seem to pull down my socks, which I never had with the others. I use bootsocks to keep everything in place. I am convinced that Le Chameau are stronger. At least stronger rubber, but they are a bit loose around the ankle. As I also need bootsocks in my aigle neoprenes my next neoprene boots might be le chameau.

The Muck boots are good but i find them a tad akward for driving in.

Normally have zip up Chameau but find they only last a season now so spending £300 a year on wellies is too much for me.

yup i have to agree i use a ranger and thay are a tad wide for driveing in not much feeling ? but thay are made for the outside by design even my normal wellys are't anygood for driving the tay are for cold weather work or standing say on a drive for some time so have very thick soles . i'v never had a pr of chame's that the zip did't fowl up or the tag did't catch on anything it could not worth the £££ thay cost toff boots in my mind

I have had two pairs of le chameau boots ( both pairs leaked ) I now have the hunter balmoral neoprene and they have done two full seasons of beating, stalking, clay shooting , and rough shooting in some bad weather and have never let me down.

I used to prefer the old style Balmorals but sadly now unavaialble. For the last 4 yrs I have worn the cheapest pair of Le Chameaus and they have been excellent. Approx £65 pair, just started to perish on the seems but still watertight will have to put some neoprene sealer on the seams to make them last a couple more years.

D

The 'Middle of the road' Chameaus with the gusset, not the zip, are probably the best bet for general use! I have had 4 pairs of leather-lined, full zip cham's and they never last! the gusset pair are a lot more bomb proof and the simpler design reduces chance of leaks etc.....but I'm now a Meindl boots convert for all my stalking and walking....better support and comfort! the cham's are left for really wet days or pheasant shooting. It all depends on what purpose you have in mind :)

The 'Middle of the road' Chameaus with the gusset, not the zip, are probably the best bet for general use! I have had 4 pairs of leather-lined, full zip cham's and they never last! the gusset pair are a lot more bomb proof and the simpler design reduces chance of leaks etc.....but I'm now a Meindl boots convert for all my stalking and walking....better support and comfort! the cham's are left for really wet days or pheasant shooting. It all depends on what purpose you have in mind :)
Do you mean the vierzenord? I've got Matterhorn boots for hill stalking and ferreting etc but a lot of my stallings down south on marshy ground so wellies are a must

I do prefer my lowa boots for majority of my shooting and general outdoors but for those really wet days my Hunter Balmoral Sovereigns are very comfortable!

Back