1st day at pheasamts

nuttyspaniel

Ive just woke up and the cars covered in frost. Happy days as Im about to get myself sorted and head down to my wee Pheasant shoot. Its going to be a great day with great lads and some good company. And hopefully ending in a decent duck flight if it clouds over tonight.

nutty

Nutty

A frosty morning as you have described is everything great about our sport.

Im out at the hinds today with a couple of mates and looking forward to it as well...

Thats what its all about, let us know how the day went.. had my first day picking up last saturday... unfortunately no shoot today so I'm going to lay a track for my dog this afternoon..

Kind regards, Jez.

Just back in from a walk round they edges, only out for a couple of hours. Dogs unfit and shooting a bit rusty! Knocked over a few pheasants and pigeons even a woodcock (quite early for here)

1st driven day in a couple of weeks, need to pull my socks up on the shooting front!

Well what a cracking day. We had 35 pheasants and 2 partridge for the day. We only release 350 pheasants and we put 50 partridge out this year. The moon as I was worried about played havoc with the duck flight, but it was good listening to the Fallow bucks giving it large. Firsttimmer came as a guest as my nephew was working and really enjoyed his company.There were a few more forum members with us today and it was great catching up with them. All in all again a really good day with good crack and the weather was kind aswell. I think days like today are what its all about.

nutty

Well what a cracking day. We had 35 pheasants and 2 partridge for the day. We only release 350 pheasants and we put 50 partridge out this year. The moon as I was worried about played havoc with the duck flight, but it was good listening to the Fallow bucks giving it large. Firsttimmer came as a guest as my nephew was working and really enjoyed his company.There were a few more forum members with us today and it was great catching up with them. All in all again a really good day with good crack and the weather was kind aswell. I think days like today are what its all about.

nutty
Nutty
Thanks again for invite and good craic with the boys!. Off to bed now for some shut eye for 4am rise off stalking.

Was a very long day but both of us really enjoyed it and was nice to meet new people and some old faces.

222cwd

Back