white red deer

swatty

just put this into heading and i see there is similar threads but, not so far away from me a work mate was on his way home and saw 3 deer out in a field and said one was white i asked what sort of deer but he didnt know, so i did the usual how big crack and he rekoned they were small so i thought oviously roe which i know of a white roe been pictured in cumbria in the past anyway, i rang my old feller and told him the story where it was etc and he said two stalking friends of his had seen it from the road as well and it was a red so im wondering how common are white reds and has anyone on here seen one or know about this one being as rare as i guess they are and where this deer is if word has got out im sure other stalkers will off been to the area just for a look

A couple of years ago i was on a tree felling course with a dozen or so other guys and we saw a huge white stag that according to the course tutor had been living in the area for a couple of years.
Pat carey [the warrener] has some excellent footage of a white red stag on his reds in the roar dvd and its well worth a look although i did hear a rumour it had been shot by poachers not long after the dvd was released.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oachers-shoot-behead-Britains-white-stag.html

The white red we saw was no where near this incident so hopefully he is still at large and as it was in a huge remote woodland owned by a anti shooting forieghn owner he may still be there.
If you have a white red stag near you may i suggest you take a few pictures but keep the location to yourself.
ATB
RICK O SHEA

as far as im aware the land is shot over and this animal will be left alone i would like to try to get a picture or video ill see what i can do

A few years ago I was stalking on the south side of Loch Tay and saw some white faced stags. Apparently these are descendants of some deer shipped over from Germany in the early 20th century. They were quite spooky to see in the mist! I saw some in a park in Germany recently.

White roe doe.

just put this into heading and i see there is similar threads but, not so far away from me a work mate was on his way home and saw 3 deer out in a field and said one was white i asked what sort of deer but he didnt know, so i did the usual how big crack and he rekoned they were small so i thought oviously roe which i know of a white roe been pictured in cumbria in the past anyway, i rang my old feller and told him the story where it was etc and he said two stalking friends of his had seen it from the road as well and it was a red so im wondering how common are white reds and has anyone on here seen one or know about this one being as rare as i guess they are and where this deer is if word has got out im sure other stalkers will off been to the area just for a look

The Cumbrian white roe is still about but the cover is very high and as yet no offspring has been seen with it.

HWH.

I think you've been drinking too much brian , it must have been all this cumbrian sunshine we've been having reflecting off its coat.

Back