borrowing/hiring metal detector to find lost knife

Mungo

Does anyone know where I might be able to borrow or rent a metal detector (or detectorist!) in Edinburgh/Lothians/Fife?

I've lost a much treasured knife - belt loop on the sheath went while stalking, and only noticed when went to gralloch.

Visual search has turned up nothing, but grass is long.

Route taken known to within a few metres, so area to be searched is about 2m wide by 2km long.

Any suggestions extremely gratefully received!

Thanks.

Got to agree with finding it, I lost a old steel mag once and even though I had 1 more steel and a new poly one I still went back to find it, it took me three attempts to find it but I got it,

I wish you well and a great offer yet again from a fellow member,

Bob

ahh an SD time team this is worth keeping an eye on hope you find lots of knifes and yours ! as we all have lost them in the past good luck.
pix of the search please.

If this falls through, drop me a line. I`ll turn out with a detector as well.

ahh an SD time team this is worth keeping an eye on hope you find lots of knifes and yours ! as we all have lost them in the past good luck.
pix of the search please.
No pictures of anyone with their shirts off tho far too gruesome !! :lol:
Norma

first dibs on any roman /viking/saxon stuff!!i hope you get it mate ,i drove 35 miles for two pigeon rotator arms i left leaning against a tree in shropshire,so i wouldn,t forget them:doh:

Best of luck but sometimes even knowing the route it can be difficult.
gent I know lost his knife (rather left it at the point of grollach) so knew within a 2m square where it was and still didn't find it.
when we tried a metal detector there was such a high ferrous content in the substrate that we had to turn the discrimination right up and still never found it.

Well, there is apparently an old hill fort in the area, so I might get lucky...

I'll make sure I take some photos of the search, come what may. Make a little pile of the bits of barbed wire, old drinks cans, spent shotgun shells, bottle tops, priceless Saxon relics, tractor parts and miscellanous chunks of rusted junk we find...

Back