jagd de hund

slink dog

Hi to everyone it's nearly that time again to make the trek to dortmund .My problem is there are no flights direct I can find from Edinburgh nearest I can get is Dusseldorf then it's over an hour and half to get there it starts getting pricey then .and from the airport to the train is nearly an hour .Anyone else doing the Edinburgh way ideas solutions welcome.

Thanks Ian

Sorry not from your way but I managed to get a cheap return flight from Stanstead with Ryanair. I had a mate that commuted down to London from Fife every week, he did the train or bus.... Not ideal I know but an option...

Hi to everyone it's nearly that time again to make the trek to dortmund .My problem is there are no flights direct I can find from Edinburgh nearest I can get is Dusseldorf then it's over an hour and half to get there it starts getting pricey then .and from the airport to the train is nearly an hour .Anyone else doing the Edinburgh way ideas solutions welcome.

Thanks Ian

Catch the train from Dusseldorf airport to Dortmund. 45 mins if i recall right.

Yes correct, its as fast as a taxi, and the taxi will cost about $100+ Euro, don't ask me how I know lol!

I had a thought - what about Newcastle! Then I checked and no direct flights from there ether!!! What's your plan, travel this side or that side?

WH

Pardon my ignorance buts what's Jagd De Hund? Dogs for Hunting? Is it a working dog show of some sort in Germany?

I went last year and my flight went to Dusseldorf. The train station is at the airport and the trains come on the dot. We got off the train in Dortmund and put our luggage in a taxi and asked the driver to takes us to our hotel. The taxi driver pointed to our hotel that was about 300 mtrs away :oops:. So we walked. Easy train journey from Dusseldorf to Dortmund.
Great show and well worth a visit.

Thanks jagare when you flew to dusseldorf was it to the weese airport as that's the one it's taking us to and when you Google it says 40mins to train station by taxi starts getting costly . Starts eating in to the beer money.:D

There are two of us going from Leeds / Bradford on the 9th to Düsseldorf. We've a car booked and some spare room if that helps? Back on the 11th.

Hi does anyone that attend jagd de hund event in Germany over the years have any info on Hotel's, Transport to Fair in Dusseldorf ect.
I was thinking of attending this year but would like any relevant info, flight from Dublin to Dusseldorf ok, after that need more info.

Hi does anyone that attend jagd de hund event in Germany over the years have any info on Hotel's, Transport to Fair in Dusseldorf ect.
I was thinking of attending this year but would like any relevant info, flight from Dublin to Dusseldorf ok, after that need more info.

I am flying Newcastle to dussledorf and then train from airport to Dortmund, hotel in centre booked and Ubahn to show. Train from airport to Dortmund is straightforward, buy ticket from machine in concourse before you get sky train to railway station at the other end of the airport then find platform for dortmund, trains pretty frequent and easy.

I am flying Newcastle to dussledorf and then train from airport to Dortmund, hotel in centre booked and Ubahn to show. Train from airport to Dortmund is straightforward, buy ticket from machine in concourse before you get sky train to railway station at the other end of the airport then find platform for dortmund, trains pretty frequent and easy.

Thanks TonyC

There are two of us going from Leeds / Bradford on the 9th to Düsseldorf. We've a car booked and some spare room if that helps? Back on the 11th.
Hi Jabali. Have you got your dates right.? You know the show is from 30 jan to 4 feb. Unless I’ve got it wrong?!

Back