Trigger for remmy model 7

204 Ruger

Chaps,

Thinking of replacing the trigger system on my Remington model 7. I aehv fully adjusted it but to be honest iots not as crisp as I would like it to be. I will have to check but I think its the saem as the Remmy 700 system so im hoping that an aftermarket trigger fora 700 will fit. Any thoughts on whcih system I could get for it?

cheers Steve

Last edited:
Chaps,

Thinking of replacing the trigger system on my Remington model 7. I aehv fully adjusted it but to be honest iots not as crisp as I would like it to be. I will have to check but I think its the saem as the Remmy 700 system so im hoping that an aftermarket trigger fora 700 will fit. Any thoughts on whcih system I could get for it?

cheers Steve

May I suggest one which works :) Timney make a fins stalking trigger which i believe will fit the Model 7.

May I suggest one which works :) Timney make a fins stalking trigger which i believe will fit the Model 7.

:) AGREE its not the smoothest trigger Ive ever used...Ok will look into them, do you know if its the same as the 700? Never know someone may ahev one knocking around that they dont need...

Triggers

There are three readily available drop in triggers, Jewell, the best and most expensive, Timney, good but have had some quality issues and Rifle Basix. I have just fitted a Rifle Basix to a Remington 700 and I am sure that it is the same as my Model 7, it is a very good unit, they come preset at various weights. From South Yorks Shooting Supplies, I ordered mine at 3pm on a Friday and had it on the rifle before lunch on the saturday!!

I have a Jewell trigger on my customed Remington. First class and easily adjusted with a small Alen key.

Atb,
Nelson

Hi

I agree with nelson, i fitted a jewell trigger to my remy 700 and it transformed the rifle, it took about 30mins to fit with a little bit of work with the dremmel

Cheers Geoff

I have a Jewell in one of my model 7's and that was different from a trigger for a 700.
My second model 7 has a remington X-mark Pro trigger and is being threaded so i don't know how it shoots although it has a 4 lb pull.
Jacksons Rifles will tell you as they import Jewell triggers. As you know model 7's have the bolt release on the trigger. Not sure if the new 700 have the bolt release there now ?

Thanks for the help chaps...Nice to see so many people with a model 7...Thought I was the only one :)..Think my next post will be 'Model 7 what ya got'....Mine is a 22.250, 1/14 twist Stainless with laminate stock, similat to the mountain in 700. It was my first centre fire adn I love it but sometimes a little snappy even with a quite heavy mod on it. The trigger isnt great but looks like I can fix that adn Im trying some lighter loads(40g vmax) to see if I can get better groups.

Thanks for the help chaps...Nice to see so many people with a model 7...Thought I was the only one :)...

No it would appear others have brought them too. Sorry the but the old PT Barnham phrase comes to mind here. Personally I would not give a modern Remington house room. However you may do as you wish ;).

great trigger the jewel only downside to it i found when i had one. the trigger blade is very thin on it if you have big fingers.

i like the wide trigger blade that is on my rpa its lovely to use

Back