Maybe leaving reloading!

Devon County Shooter

Not sure how many this has affected over the years but i find myself not bothered about thumb nail groups anymore as i don't see how it really benefits the stalker who fires a small amount of rounds over the season. Just brought some 123 grain Sako Game heads so will see how they perform.

Regards

Carl.

Hi Carl,

image.jpgimage.jpg

this is how the Sako 123gr group at 100m out of my Tikka t3 varmint 308.

cheers Neil.

I reload because neither can I afford to buy all the ammunition I can shoot nor has anyoen offered to buy it for me. :lol:

SS

I reload mostly because of the lack of decent supply of ammo. I can usually get, or keep, a little supply of bullets and powder that will see me through a season and so ammo is always available to me. So, don't give up until you are sure you can get a reliable supply of ammo.

Nice groups Neil, pm replied to. The Sportsman down here in Exeter can't even get any decent bullets. Its shelfs look bare and it looks rather embracing to be honest, when will this drought end for supplies?

I reloaded for my pistols because, being all fixed sight, you had to enjoy getting not only an accurate loading but also one that shot to the pistol's point of aim.

For rifle I reloaded because there wasn't any loading available in factory ammunition at the bullet weight and velocity I wanted. But as the OP says if you find a factory load that works and it is both the bullet weight ANd velocity you want you'd be hard put to justify SETTING UP for reloading.

But as you already have the equipment I'd simply "mothball" it unti either you no longer have the space or the price it will fetch is at its best.

Nice groups Neil, pm replied to. The Sportsman down here in Exeter can't even get any decent bullets. Its shelfs look bare and it looks rather embracing to be honest, when will this drought end for supplies?
Shooter try blue fox glade close to you. They have a good selection.
BE

i reload as i enjoy playing and it does save the cash ...im not after shot on shot it makes me laugh how people get dragged so deep

Leaving reloading when you already have all the kit. :cuckoo: Is someone bullying you into only using factory ammo, or are they supplying you with factory ammo free of charge?
Just doesn't seem logical to me. Saying that I find reloading very therapeutic but there again I don't strive for absolute accuracy but do achieve reasonable results fairly easy with the minimum of effort.

I started after I went to local gun shop I asked for fed 130gn 270 guy in shop says remi 150gn no thanks I'll take fed 130 please, no that's all we have rem 150. Picked up some gear from a guy packing up and I enjoy the whole thing. And I was amazed at how fast Spud can get gear the length of the country. Anyway you have better luck than I did getting/finding what you want.

Not sure how many this has affected over the years but i find myself not bothered about thumb nail groups anymore as i don't see how it really benefits the stalker who fires a small amount of rounds over the season. Just brought some 123 grain Sako Game heads so will see how they perform.

Regards

Carl.

It doesn't.
It benefits the marksman who wants to stay at the top of his skill level and practices regularly.~Muir

It doesn't.
It benefits the marksman who wants to stay at the top of his skill level and practices regularly.~Muir

Absolutely, you owe it to yourself to put the best handload you can assembler or best factory ammo you can afford on to your target, i am always amazed at the amount of shooters who are satisfied with "That will do"

Ian.

Back