imperial sizing wax

drummerboy

Hi guys, i am currently using rcbs lube, but am hearing great things about imperial sizing wax, can some of you member tell me some of the advantages in wax over lube?
Kindest Regards Neil

Hi guys, i am currently using rcbs lube, but am hearing great things about imperial sizing wax, can some of you member tell me some of the advantages in wax over lube?
Kindest Regards Neil

It is very good for heavy duty resizing or cartridge case reforming. I only use it for those applications and use Hornady One Shot for every day loading and FL resizing. Much easier on and off.~Muir

How would I apply the imperial wax, it comes in a little tin like shoe polish I think?

I tap my finger into the wax and run it around the case. It is a PIA to use if you have a lot of cases. Saturating a cloth, as my friends do, is wasteful. It takes very little. There is nothing magic about the stuff and for normal resizing, as i said earlier, I find it a bit of overkill.~Muir

I have, or have used, RCBS and RCBS Lube 2, Lyman and the old, and excellent Lyman Ezy Lube grease that came in a metal tube and Imperial Sizing Wax.

I now use nothing else other than the Imperial unless I've put it somewhere and can't find it. It is that good once you try it you won't go back to other lubes.

As Muir's sound advice just use a barenaked finger to apply. Saving cloth or rag only for the wiping off.

However I have not used or tried the new aerosol or spray on lubes so can't compare with them. Nowadays, for my shooting, I load forty rounds at most at a session.

When I used to load a hundred or more at a session was ten plus years ago and using RCBS lube. In one way after sizing you just take all the cases and go and wipe them in front of the TV, or with the family, and a cup of tea. No hardship and a "break" from the gunroom/reloading press.

Last edited:
I have, or have used, RCBS and RCBS Lube 2, Lyman and the old, and excellent Lyman Ezy Lube grease that came in a metal tube and Imperial Sizing Wax.

I now use nothing else other than the Imperial unless I've put it somewhere and can't find it. It is that good once you try it you won't go back to other lubes.

As Muir's sound advice just use a barenaked finger to apply. Saving cloth or rag only for the wiping off.

However I have not used or tried the new aerosol or spray on lubes so can't compare with them. Nowadays, for my shooting, I load forty rounds at most at a session.

When I used to load a hundred or more at a session was ten plus years ago and using RCBS lube. In one way after sizing you just take all the cases and go and wipe them in front of the TV, or with the family, and a cup of tea. No hardship and a "break" from the gunroom/reloading press.
\

"New" aerosol spray?!? Gad. I've been using it for a couple of decades! It works well, btw.
I hated that RCBS Case Honey with a flat passion. I'm glad to be long done with it.~Muir

I use the stuff for long straight cases and it works well.

It was the reason I started to tumble all cases after sizing

M.

Last edited:
Back