Deer seasons ni

ksb

I am normally a bit slow of the mark so i am just getting around to reading the nov/dec issue of the basc mag. It lists the hind / doe season for ni as ending 31march, has this changed from 28th feb or is it a typo. Sorry of this has been discussed previously

I am normally a bit slow of the mark so i am just getting around to reading the nov/dec issue of the basc mag. It lists the hind / doe season for ni as ending 31march, has this changed from 28th feb or is it a typo. Sorry of this has been discussed previously

Hind/does in N Ireland from the 1st nov to the last day of february, BASC 'S info surely a mistake IMO

This info is correct - the hind season has been extended by a month for the first time this year.

This will be especially useful for people like me who find that all their sika vanish for a few months around the New Year period.

Didn't know that at all guys.

Does not make a huge amount of difference anyway.

i havent managed to get out in january so it will give me a few more chances to fill the freezer as sod's law will have it that all i will see will be does once the season closes.

I agree with everyone else that I only found out about this by accident and good fortune. I don't imagine many of us spend our time checking all the latest legislation to see if there is any deer related info in there and, of course, there is no reason to check the deer seasons on the BASC site if you we not actually made aware that they had changed.

Perhaps they should have written to everyone in NI with a rifle conditioned for deer? Apart from that I really don't know how you get the word around and especially to people who might be less than receptive to paperwork and the like.

As ksb says I haven't managed to make it out much myself recently and the time up until the end of February isn't looking great for me either so the extra few days will be most useful.

I have been busy myself lads since New Year. We have a lot of cattle indoors and the suckler cows are now in the middle of calving. We have had cows calve every day for the past week. I have not had an hour to myself during daylight at the weekend since Christmas week.

Keith (KSB here) had called with me one Saturday morning a few weeks ago. I had to be pretty rude and shoo him away as I had to get back down to the yard. I am sick of smelling of silage and dung.... Roll on April.

Hoping to get out this weekend for Sika, but it might not happen.

Back