Available: Deer Culling Week-end 06/10/11 - 09/10/11 North Herts & South Cambs.

Munty1

I have a few places left for a cull week-end that will be mainly be from high seats for Fallow and Munties, trophy animals are available at extra cost (PM for list). The normal course of events is arrive Friday lunch time, zero test and introduction. The weekend will then consist of four outings, Friday PM,Saturday AM & PM, Sunday AM leave after full fat breakfast. There will be ameal in our club house after each outing, you are welcome to sleep in our club house but you will need a sleeping bag and air bed. No excessive alcohol consumption will be permitted. All animals remain property of the estate but you may buy animals at game dealer rates. Complete price of £300. We have over 50 high seats and last year culled 185 deer in 530 outings. Many SD members have been in the past and have written favourable reports about us.

There will also be training for carcass prep and inspection to DSC2 standard.

Last edited:
I have a few places left for a cull week-end that will be mainly be from high seats for Fallow and Munties, trophy animals are available at extra cost (PM for list). The normal course of events is arrive Friday lunch time, zero test and introduction. The weekend will then consist of four outings, Friday PM,Saturday AM & PM, Sunday AM leave after full fat breakfast. There will be ameal in our club house after each outing, you are welcome to sleep in our club house but you will need a sleeping bag and air bed. No excessive alcohol consumption will be permitted. All animals remain property of the estate but you may buy animals at game dealer rates. Complete price of £300. We have over 50 high seats and last year culled 185 deer in 530 outings. Many SD members have been in the past and have written favourable reports about us.

To any SD members considering Paul's cull stalk weekend offer with GAP180, I can vouch for his setup. Great clubhouse and should be a fun and well organised weekend.

So on that basis, if I run the maths, you should expect to shoot no more than 1 deer on average for your £300 that weekend. That sound about right?

The figure that you are looking for if you work out the maths is 2.89 outings per each deer. However with the fallow rut not far off the bucks will be moving about and our rate normally increases in October/November. These are wild animals and as with any operation like this nothing is guaranteed.

excellent set up was down last march shot 3 munties and 2 fallow for my weekend and have booked to go back in feb cant recomend the group high enough . very welcoming good food great craic.well placed high seats and plenty of deer, every stalk i had always seen deer:D

Seems fair to me.
The time and cash spent in advance for making and setting up 50 high seats just so any old DSC1 joe can come along to pop a beast works for me.
Sourcing timber plus time and fuel = say 150 quid per high seat that works out at 7500 grand.
Regards
Martin

Would you rather sit in your armchair moaning about the price while your Blaser93 is sitting in a steel cupboard complete with £2,000 Swarri scope, Licia rangefinder bins, £400 suit in the wardrobe, £300 boots still with the polish on under the stairs. The rangerover parked in the garage, the BMH wondering if it will get a walk today,
Deer stalking costs money and if you get a deer every third outing you are doing well. To increase those chances you pay more for a better set up deer wise. High seat culling is like a pheasant shoot, a lot depends on your peg number but there is no guarentee your peg will be the hot seat, ATB with the cull. Jim

at the end of the day its pot luck i had 4 outings and got 5 i cant complain and the whole weekend was great and good chance to meet new stalkers and exchange stories. here some of the stuff we were getting
go for it lads and lasses well worth itmunti.jpg

Hello Munty1 always a good time to be had at your place with some very knowledgeable people too which is always good to have for anyone doesnt matter how much experience you have to begin with . Im going to try to get out some more times with you this year and look foward to seeing you again at the SD meet at the lodge

Well pauls set up is great. and ive been down a number of times now and have never blanked. there are alot of deer around his ground but its not just about shooting deer, the crack down there is worth going down for (oh and the food)
I cant make this trip but I'll be down for the next one. see you soon paul and let me know when your doing another weekend cheers

Well pauls set up is great. and ive been down a number of times now and have never blanked. there are alot of deer around his ground but its not just about shooting deer, the crack down there is worth going down for (oh and the food)
I cant make this trip but I'll be down for the next one. see you soon paul and let me know when your doing another weekend cheers
are you the same lad that was down at the end of march last season?

Another vote for Pauls place. Shot a nice fallow buck there a couple of years ago, with Paul on a evening stalk from a big shed at the top of a ladder :D

Regarding pricing, there is a similar stalk on the AGBBS for about £50 a day more so I would say Pauls offer is a good one.

Ye i was down in march ajfab, Hows thing going up there?
And hi tony. Every thing is good up here, were still getting plenty of deer. Im looking forward to the shooting season now it will give the deer a break, (for a week or two)
And rarms that seat sounds like the sunday morning seat to me. its a good seat

going spot on mate looking forward to going down to hertfordshire in feb one of the lads is going down next month for a weekend.
looking forward to trying to get one of them cwd need a goodun forthe wall.

Back