for local shooters/farmers and dog owners, just had this in an e:mail

bobjs

Just a heads up lads,

bob.

Colleagues, please be aware of a spate of dog thefts in our area. The police are advising people in rural areas to step up security around outside kennels and pay extra attention to any extra interest shown in your pet or working dog. 3 springers where taken from near Winchester on Tuesday and several others of different breeds have been taken from the Hampshire area.

The police are looking for a Subaru forester estate in a dark green colour which has been linked to the dogs disappearance. This vehicle seems to have a different number plate on the front of the car than that on the back. This vehicle has also been linked to hare coursing in our area.

Advice is to phone police as these people are dangerous!! A local farmer was knocked unconscious recently by a “visitor” when he went to investigate .

A local dog was stolen from outside a supermarket recently, so it is not just confined to working dogs. If anyone requires further details, I can forward the country watch contact details.

Graham Boyt
Farm Manager
Sparsholt College Hampshire (incorparating Andover College Campus)

Well done for posting bobjs

there's quite a bit on facebook too in the local area.

One farm I lamp on had there diesel stole just before christmas and I'd just left after lamping could only have missed them by minutes they must have been watching but I didnt see a thing! I also got flytipped in a field on the same farm some time back, drove through the gate around the field then on getting back to the gate found it was full of rubble! Its scary just who is out and about at night!

I have Just read Ronans post and thought how nice people can be , then I read bobs and think the exact oppositeI would be worried sick if it happened to me , best wishes to the dog owners

Its awful they were doing the same up here but using a nearly new Audi Convertible of all things, on a side note I've just heard a local farmer here found a frontera they had been chasing for best part of a month suspected to be poaching deer. Found either broken down or out of petrol well due to the number of times he had chased it he flattened it with his manitou and turned it on its roof, shall we day the two car loads of pikies that came to recover it weren't best pleased but may have actually got the message. It needs a few more like him as the police have their hands tied unless they actually catch them in the act

Its awful they were doing the same up here but using a nearly new Audi Convertible of all things, on a side note I've just heard a local farmer here found a frontera they had been chasing for best part of a month suspected to be poaching deer. Found either broken down or out of petrol well due to the number of times he had chased it he flattened it with his manitou and turned it on its roof, shall we day the two car loads of pikies that came to recover it weren't best pleased but may have actually got the message. It needs a few more like him as the police have their hands tied unless they actually catch them in the act

The farmer had better be a bit more vigilant around his barns in future, the 'pikeys' are not averse to geting their own back when something like this happens.

Security is pretty good but I agree I believe he did speak to them and say why he had done it which was surprising. With an unregistered vehicle I'm not sure anything can come of it but might have been better to get the police to seize it.

I dout its the same lot but a number of dogs gone from surrey rrcently aswell mostly work but some pets aswell

Can`t say i blame him but i`ll bet a pound to every penny that it won`t go unanswered ..

Well done for posting bobjs

there's quite a bit on facebook too in the local area.

One farm I lamp on had there diesel stole just before christmas and I'd just left after lamping could only have missed them by minutes they must have been watching but I didnt see a thing! I also got fly tipped in a field on the same farm some time back, drove through the gate around the field then on getting back to the gate found it was full of rubble! Its scary just who is out and about at night!

Cheers WH.

I get a lot of mail from farmers and fellow shooter on a Daily basis, its good to see that a few people are already aware of the problems with these thieving people,

bob.

Feel for those poor dog owners must be going out of there minds these scum need to be found asap

It seems to be liver cockers they are mainly after princess kate bought one, horrible thought for all dog owners though.

The farmer had better be a bit more vigilant around his barns in future, the 'pikeys' are not averse to geting their own back when something like this happens.

very very dodgey ground doing stuff like this , with the "pikeys" as you call them you should try to be diplomatic my grandad always treats them with respect when they come calling at the farm to hunt rabbits with there dogs , usually tell them someone else has the shooting rights but we dont mind them going out just this once if they want a couple of rabbits! remember it doesnt mattter how well you secure the stuff on the farm they will find a way to steal it if not they will burn it to the ground or hole in the diesel tank , Ive heard of a lot of farmers just telling them to bugger off and being ignorant to them and then the farmer ends up with sugar in his diesel tanks etc shed going on fire things going missing so really its best just to try and be polite and diplotmatic

"remember it doesnt mattter how well you secure the stuff on the farm they will find a way to steal it if not they will burn it to the ground or hole in the diesel tank , Ive heard of a lot of farmers just telling them to bugger off and being ignorant to them and then the farmer ends up with sugar in his diesel tanks etc shed going on fire things going missing"

That was exactly the point I was making - or so I thought :confused:

Sad we have to tolerate this growing race of people. Whom now have such status in law they feel no need to abide by it like the rest of us. A few years back I worked in outback Australia. I was doing some work on a farm when at the end of the day we were to be traveling to a distant farm (500km's) for a week or two. On asking the boss where the locks were for the work shop he said "we don't bother, why would you lock it up?" I was amazed to hear that he never heard of Pikies or gypsies. He couldn't believe we put up with them and just said if this were to happen in Aus they would just shoot them and bury them out back (and out back is a bloody big place). He also said that if anyone were ever caught steeling around the area word was spread and nobody would deal with them. So no shopping, no fuel, no work. They have to leave. Why don't we have the balls to stop these people?

"remember it doesnt mattter how well you secure the stuff on the farm they will find a way to steal it if not they will burn it to the ground or hole in the diesel tank , Ive heard of a lot of farmers just telling them to bugger off and being ignorant to them and then the farmer ends up with sugar in his diesel tanks etc shed going on fire things going missing"

That was exactly the point I was making - or so I thought :confused:

It is interesting but to what extent do you let them do as they like, this lot have been responsible for a number of dog thefts in the area, large amounts of poaching and then you have damage from driving where they like. They got caught on the farm next to us by the keeper having a nosey about with catapults the police response once they knew the vehicle was penned in and those responsible stopped was 4 ARV's simply because they knew the outcome if not banged them up overnight couldn't do anything else. Knew them well knew their vehicle etc and are as keen as anyone to actually get them for something decent. That resulted in lots of threats but touch wood nothing else so far, then they got this 4x4 and its been everywhere that wasn't gated on most of the local estates we had it all over the place as they were prone to cutting locks off gates. Starting early evening police knew they were deer poaching but couldn't catch them in the act so impossible to do anything. This farmer has a decent herd of fallow and they were in most evenings on the run up to christmas and the mess on wet fields is pretty significant police were good but no one could get them stopped so this occurred out of sheer frustration. Chatting to his farm worker last night they are vigilant everywhere is alarmed and all the gear is in an alarmed area but they are well aware something may happen, the alternative was to let them just carry on......

Farmer fiend of mine recently had a young Collie stolen in Sussex, turned up having been sold by "travellers" in a pub!
No surprises there then!!!!!!!!!!

Back