couriers for delivery of firearms

david1976

I will shortly be posting a moderator to a rfd and was wondering if anyone could advise me which delivery companies are prepared to transport firearms.

Cheers

David

David,

Excuse my ignorance but why do you need to use a courier to transport a moddy?

You can buy a moddy mail order so what is the issue?

Does the fact that it might be proofed make it a firearm?

Why not send it Parcel Force and call it a shooting accessory?

D

Returned a mod to jackson rifles a while back i sent it by registerd post & one was sent back to me the same way.

As you are returning mod to R.F.D. don't think you need to do it by courier, think its only when you first purchase one if you dont
purchase direct from supplier then must be through a R.F.D. to prove you have entitlement, Jacksons say on their web site will dispatch to R.F.D. of your choice

David,

Excuse my ignorance but why do you need to use a courier to transport a moddy?

You can buy a moddy mail order so what is the issue?

Does the fact that it might be proofed make it a firearm?

Why not send it Parcel Force and call it a shooting accessory?

D

As far as the Firearms Act is concerned a moderator for a firearm is a firearm in its own right - hence the need to hold it as a separate item on your FAC. Unless of course it's for an air rifle that generates less than 12 ft/lbs (which doesn't fall under the definition of a firearm requiring an FAC), in which case it's off ticket.

Mole

Parfreight are excellent and very reasonable. I bought a combi gun recently, the dealer in North wales said £58 To deliver + vat = £68.15. My local dealer said £66 all in and Parfreight said £35+vat and gave excellent friendly service. They use TNT but get a special rate.

Give them a ring, phone number and address here http://www.parfreight.com/

Bob

I have spoken to my local firearm department (lothian and borders police) this morning regarding the posting of this item and they have advised three options are suitable.

1. registered firearm dealer to registered firearm dealer

or

2. royal mail registered post with suitable insurance and declaring what the item is direct to purchaser

or

3. By courier

I like the idea of option 2 - you mean the RFD stage is completely skipped and we fill in the forms like it was face to face?

Back