Sako 75 owners - a favour please!

Wheesht!

Hi all,

Could anyone with a Sako 75 action IV (30-06, 6.5x55, 270, 25-06) with a factory length barrel do me a favour please?

I'm looking for these measurements:

1. Muzzle to bolt face, measured down the barrel using a brush or dowel.
2. Muzzle to tip of fore-end on stock.

I'm looking at a second hand one and i'm trying to figure out exactly how much the barrel's been shortened by. The seller doesn't know and i'm not sure how Sako measured the barrel lengths in their sales info.

The above when compared should give me the right answer either way, right?

Thanks.

Hi Wheesht!
1 Muzzle to bolt face 580mm
2 Muzzle to tip of fore-end 300mm
This is on my Sako 75 action IV 6.5x55 hope this helps :thumb:

Thanks very much to the 3 of yous!

I'm not sure how much has been chopped off the one i'm looking at. I'm going to see it tomorrow so i'll measure it and compare.

Sako lists 580mm barrel length for all the 75's of this action length and 530mm (21" wildfowler1 !) for the Finnlight. The overall lengths including the stock are all the same no matter the material.

Has your barrel been shortened and/or threaded at all Iain?

Thanks very much to the 3 of yous!

I'm not sure how much has been chopped off the one i'm looking at. I'm going to see it tomorrow so i'll measure it and compare.

Sako lists 580mm barrel length for all the 75's of this action length and 530mm (21" wildfowler1 !) for the Finnlight. The overall lengths including the stock are all the same no matter the material.

Has your barrel been shortened and/or threaded at all Iain?

Hi

I bought mine as "Previously Loved" from Macleod's of Tain, it has been threaded, and there's about 2" missing

I'm not overly concerned to be honest as it's pushing reloaded 140gr Hornady SSTs out at 2,660fps at the muzzle, and deadly accurate

Cheers
iain

Why muck about asking for measurements of potentially unknown quantities when you can get the info direct from the Sako Tech Information sheet?:doh:
http://www.sako.fi/pdf/specs/75Hunter.pdf
MS:)

Thanks for the link MS.

I'd read the spec sheets but was unsure how Sako had measured the barrels to come up with the figures in them.

With the info from this thread I can compare the measurements folk have kindly given to measurements taken in the same way on the rifle i'm lookng at.

A quick bit of maths and, hey presto I know how much it's been cut down by!

Last edited:
Back