Muntjac Buck

Far and away my best Muntjac ever.

Unfortunately it was not much of a stalk really. I saw a Muntjac Doe walk out of a small wood around 130yds away from where I was standing. A few seconds later this old boy followed her.

I already had the sticks set up and a 100gn .243 in the engine room dropped him on the spot.

I have used the chart from the CIC Red Book and my measurements come out to 72.2 points. Anything over 61 is a gold medal. I shall be taking the head to the Midland Game Fair to get it officially measured.

Well pleased
yes.gif
foxes and muntjac 150810 018.jpgfoxes and muntjac 150810 017.jpgfoxes and muntjac 150810 019.jpgfoxes and muntjac 150810 015.jpgfoxes and muntjac 150810 016.jpg
pencil.png

Thats a really nice buck you got yourself there mate! You should have cut more of the cape off though, and that would have made a nice head/shoulder mount especially with it being a gold!! But never the less will look great on the wall and very well done!

Roe

Thats a really nice buck you got yourself there mate! You should have cut more of the cape off though, and that would have made a nice head/shoulder mount especially with it being a gold!! But never the less will look great on the wall and very well done!

Roe

Thanks Roe. There is loads of cape left on it but I folded it up neatly to take the photos. Cheers, Chris.

then worry no more! Whats your pllans with it??

Once I have had it measured it will be going to "Benny" Bennett at Hainford to be mounted.
He has done a lot of taxidermy for me and I can highly recommend him. He has a display in the Duck Dry tent at the Midland Game Fair next month.
Cheers,

Chris.

Last edited:
Chris

A very nice munty buck indeed - he's a cracker for sure. Would be very interested to see the photos once the taxidermy is completed.

It's funny how some of the best bucks come from the least remarkable stalks. I've had the same myself where they just walk out in front of you at the right/wrong time.

willie_gunn

Cracking beast mate

He will look nice on the wall

You might have to allow 90 days for him to dry out before you get him measured or so I thought

Jonathon

Cracking beast mate

He will look nice on the wall

You might have to allow 90 days for him to dry out before you get him measured or so I thought

Jonathon

I think that only applies when points are awarded for weight. Muntjac heads are only measured, not weighed.

Cheers,

Chris.

What a cracking Munty Buck!!! I look forward to seeing the final mount!

All the best

243sako

Back