best scope

mal mason

OK GUYS, i have decided i need a decent scope for my .223 and was hoping you all could tell me the best scope for the job, the job being foxing out at 2 to 300yrds, i do a lot of lamping so need a scope that would be best for night and day shooting, not had much experience with decent scopes only ever spent just over £200 so was looking at spending around £7-800, to the best of your knowlage guys please...i am willing to go a little more for the right glass...thanks again mal.

Q: Illuminated Ret or not? Parallax Adjustment?

Swarovski or Zeiss 3-12x50 -or a Nightforce 3-15 or 5.5-22 perhaps - you should find something in your price range that is suitable.

Im on the look out for a similar thing. Was looking at swarovski or zeiss. You get a lot more for your money with a zeiss. But it always pays to push yourself for the best scope.

got myself a Ziess Durolyt 3x12x50 last year its spot on for lamping and stalking got it on my .243 now but first had it on my 30-06 never moved once it was zero'd they're around £600

got myself a Ziess Durolyt 3x12x50 last year its spot on for lamping and stalking got it on my .243 now but first had it on my 30-06 never moved once it was zero'd they're around £600

+1 flash dot is great as light drops as well

I had a swaro 8x56 on my 22-250, excellent scope,though a fox under a lamp at 200yards is quite a small target, I went to night vision so had to get parallax adjustment, found a swaro 2.5-15 x 56 Z6 on this site,lot of money but one hell of a scope, have killed a lot of fox's with it, hope this helps,cheers

when i replaced the scope on my .243 a few months ago i had set my sights on a swaro took my money down the shop and was ready to spend until i started looking through a couple then i completly changed my mind and went for a ziess as it just suited my eye better so i would try the same for yourself and dont get to fixed on what you want before you walk in the shop and try and keep a open mind

I think everyone has a different opinion depending on what their eyes are like, what is great for one is only ok for another.... I would ask around and see if you can have a look through different scopes under the conditions your going to be using it under and see what works well for you.

Im fairly young and still have 20/20 in my eyes, but i would not be comfortable shooting foxes out at 300yrd with a lamp using my Swaro 8x56 scope. I have a old Nikon 4-16x50 for foxing, mine is set about the 12-14 mag for these ranges, each to there own.

Good luck and i hope your happy with whatever you end up buying,

Regards,

SS

Back