Inconsistent RSPB

Just shows how these organisations think united they have great clout and wots worse is that it's allowed I think that if they breach their mandate heir charitable status should be revoked,(fund that then you f*****s).
it realy gets to me, I think the shooting organisations and all other field sports orgs should do the same if you can't beat them join them team up with farmers and anyone else we can get a louder voice and put pressure on the authorities for change, play them at their own game and get more people in the public eye & on TV championing our cause & the need for it so far the only subtle support that most of the public are aware of has come from TV chefs about their enthusiasm for game, we realy need to MAN UP in thepublic eye and stop skulking in the shadows, make our sports acceptable again as they were decades ago!

​,
Seriously worth a read and thought provoking for all of us Gamekeepers and other wildlife managers (and I include reserves in that).

http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.uk/blog/2013/06/inconsistent-rspb

Serious double standards, not just in their actual opinions and views but how they communicate those opinions. It appears that within the conservation sector they will actually admit that gamekeeping, farming, shooting, land management etc contributes significantly to biodiversity and a healthy countryisde, and it is well known within that sector that predator control is carried out. But when preaching to the general public it is a different, and hypocritical, approach.

I was on first watch at the ranges Saturday morning, at this sentry post last year, I observed a fox earth about 100 yards into the Dee marshes,seven foxes in view,i mentioned it to one of our members who is in Dee wildfowlers, He informed me that the rspb won't allow any control measures on them, this Saturday I was dodging lots of fox scats, AND many remains of predated duck eggs / chicks, but I hear the rspb fella has completely fenced off his bit of ground.

IHe informed me that the rspb won't allow any control measures on them,

When you consider their agenda and methods this situation is ideal. Once the fox has eaten all the mallard, say, the next thing you know is a headline on the BBC website announcing that the once common mallard is on the edge of extinction according to scientists. Look at the link above and you will see just how much the RSPB pays "scientists."

Before you know it they are raising cash to save the mallard and engaging in intensive conservation methods to make the environment especially suitable for mallard. The upshot of this is that the environment will then be entirely unsuited to, say, little grebe which will then suffer a radical reduction in numbers.

Next thing you know the BBC website is reporting that the once common little grebe is on the edge of extinction and...

Repeat while the suckers keep stumping up the money for intensive conservation measures which almost always favour one species, and cause difficulties for another.

The only RSPB Offcer I wish to meet is the one who should be knocking on every door in the Land once the New Year festivities are over and armed with a box of wee bells and a staple gun for pinning to every cat they can lay their hands on!

That really would be a good use of charitable funds.

K

Back