kammo clothing

dollman

i was thinking of buying some kammo brand clothing are they any good ,and are they worth the money what do you guys think of the kammo brand regards steve

I bought a kammo jacket and trousers about ten years ago.

The trousers ripped along the stitching and were not waterproof and the jacket dyed my clothes green when it rained and was not waterproof.

The man who owns the company was very rude to me on the phone and told me it was basically tough sh*t and refused to exchange the items even though this happened within a few weeks of getting them.

In the end, I had to go to the scone game fair with the items and cause a scene at his stand when he was giving another customer the patter in order to get replacements.

I personally would not deal with him again after this.

David

Last edited:
When the company was owned by Bob Truman the customer service was excellent. The only problem was the outer shell DPM fabric whilst being incredibly hard wearing was like a sponge if you didn't keep up the silicone spray treatment. My jacket and trousers never leaked but they would get heavy by the end of a day spent out in heavy rain. I eventually brought one of the first coats he produced using the realtree type fabric which is far more water resistant as an outer shell fabric, it also dries very quickly.

Bob sold the business 10 or 12 years ago. So I can't comment on what the new owners or new products are like other than their gaiters which are first class.

I had a Kammo jacket about 15 years ago and really wasn't all that impressed with the quality. Things might have improved, or not (see above). Personally I think there are really good tried and tested products available now from the Scandinavian manufacturers so I won't be moving far from them.

The gaters are the beat i've used........beat even the over priced black islanders!
I had an old Kammo coat which was good....but it was one of the very early ones.

For hind-stalking I'm covered in Kammo: gaiters, trousers, Kodiak jacket, plus hood if it's very wet.

I still use the DPM, but also have the peachy-finished modern-style camoflague which I think is probably all things considered a better cloth.

No idea how it compares to other 'modern' gear, but for the hinds it certainly beats the old Solway Zipper.

Bought a Kammo Kodiak coat and treggings about 11/12 years ago from Bob Truman, never been wet or cold in all the time i've had them.
Although i have heard that the newer stuff aint as good.

Atb
Moe..

Bought a Kammo Kodiak coat and treggings about 11/12 years ago from Bob Truman, never been wet or cold in all the time i've had them.
Although i have heard that the newer stuff aint as good.

+1. TBH not worn it much in the last few years as all that global warming made it a bit OTT. It's had a few more outings these last couple of months! :)

if your looking for a good jaket one of the best ive ever had is made by sport chief and imported by garlands

+1 on the Sportchief - I've had one for about 10 years and it's never let me down.

I also have two Kammo coats. I have one in plain green that I've used for beating the last 5 or 6 years and another in their Photo-Stalk cammo. Both have been good coats. I have the Kammo gaiters, also in the photo stalk, that I wear in Scotland every year when out on the Hill. Again, they've given good service.

willie_gunn

Back