Butchery coarse Eridge park

Ratten

Went on this yesterday and it was excellent. had the option to purchase my hackings and now have a freezer full (including the one i had in the garage waiting as homework...)

Andy and his team did a great job and it was very enjoyable. Everyone had their own beast to work on which was good.

A hell of a lot to take in, but it was very satisfying to turn a full carcase into bags of things other than mince and dice.

Very worthwhile for idiots like me.

It was a BASC course, and there should be more courses run across the Country.

I'm glad you had a great experience
Peter

Agree with Ratten - course was well pitched, and having whole carcass to work on each really made it worthwhile. Would recommend the course to the following people:
- never butchered a carcass before
- butchered a carcass before, and got 15kg of mince, and 2 straploins off at 25kg carcass
- butchered a carcass, but spent 8 hours on it
I have gone through all of these steps (still nowhere near competent) and there were plenty of tips flowing throughout the day, and Andy was on hand to give advice on all the smaller questions that arise with a knife in your hand (but which are forgotten until next time you butcher a carcass)

tony

I have spoken to BASC scotland and they are in the process of selecting a venue and a trainer. Update to follow in the near future

Thanks, Peter

Back