The 7mm Race Gun Cometh :D

Jager SA

After long deliberation over what I was going to build on my BAT action I finally decided, so here it is, finished in the raw for the moment.

Specs:

BAT Long Action Repeater.
32" Stainless straight taper barrel.
Badger Bottom Metal and AICS Mag.
Jewel Trigger
Vais Muzzle Brake.
Bell and Carlson Varmint/Tactical Stock.
Picatinny Rail and Mounts to Follow.

Pics not the best, I'll put some more up once I've finished it. :D

Looking good, one thing I am not keen on the vais type brake, I had a screw on one and found it kicked up the dust and snow when I shot, others found it funny snow blowing everywhere :D,90 degree ports noisey but most efficient

Looking good, one thing I am not keen on the vais type brake, I had a screw on one and found it kicked up the dust and snow when I shot, others found it funny snow blowing everywhere :D,90 degree ports noisey but most efficient

Has to be done...I have a mod in case I need one. :D

sako green and it will look the nuts feller, top draw mind you you have done well with no tools ?? ;) as long as we no the truth mty.

I know that you've actually made this barrel from basically a piece of stainless bar!:eek: This actually makes my head spin to comprehend how you can profile, drill? and the cut the rifling? Can you explain roughly how this is done as I find it fascinating. I guess you'll not be stalking carrying that 'muzzle down'!!:lol: Nice job though! Should be good at long range seeing as the bullet is most of the way there before it even leaves the barrel!
MS:D

Hope its a success James.

If you plan to go F Class, bin the brake, they're no allowed.

Id also consider putting a single shot follower in the action and changing the stock to a more suitable style for bag riding

Though the rifle is perfectly suited to extended range multiple shot for large quadrupeds….

sako green and it will look the nuts feller, top draw mind you you have done well with no tools ?? ;) as long as we no the truth mty.

Sako green...nah been there already a few times. :) What tools? I don't have any tools!

Id also consider putting a single shot follower in the action and changing the stock to a more suitable style for bag riding

Though the rifle is perfectly suited to extended range multiple shot for large quadrupeds….
Would save picking up, if used on Lagomorphs too!:rofl:

I know that you've actually made this barrel from basically a piece of stainless bar!:eek: This actually makes my head spin to comprehend how you can profile, drill? and the cut the rifling? Can you explain roughly how this is done as I find it fascinating. I guess you'll not be stalking carrying that 'muzzle down'!!:lol: Nice job though! Should be good at long range seeing as the bullet is most of the way there before it even leaves the barrel!
MS:D

Yes, stainless bar stock, roughed out to suitable diameter, trued and centred. Then drilled and honed and then rifled...I went with a 6 rifle instead of 4 but I cut it .0005+ over to see if this has a baring on performance. I went for 1-9 twist as it seems to be the norm.

I should add, I did have help with this barrel as it was, I can't take all the credit.

Proof is going to be in the pudding I suppose, have to wait and see and if not, back to the drawing board! :D

Last edited:

Not sure I'll go F class with it, I only built it for a bit of fun, don't even know if it shoots yet...I wonder if the brake will scare the neighbour! :)

Good idea about the follower, hadn't thought about that, stock will have to stay for now though. I'm looking forward to stretching it out a bit though.

Back