Picatinny rail on a Tikka 595

Craig at third eye delivers fast, normally next day. If you need screws, as they don't come with them, I can do you four for a fiver posted.

I had some trouble getting a one piece rail for my set-up and solved it by going on a US site and got a 'DNZ game reaper' it fits perfectly a nice piece of kit.

Screws are 6x48UNS - EGW (from kinneysshootingsupplies.com) come with screws, TET don't. I reversed the longer EGW rail on my 595 to give me a couple of extra slots to improve the eye relief on my Drone Prone and as the holes are countersunk to different depths to accommodate the same length of screws, the rear ones were ok but really too short for comfort. Had to trim a bit off the front 2.
I couldn't source the correct shaped head here in the UK and EGW kindly sent me some longer ones.......... in fact, I hardly found any 6x48's over here, perhaps I was looking in the wrong place??

Baldie just making some.....complete with screws
New range of rails - Precision Riflesmith's Showcase - UK Varminting

And I understand TET are also making longer ones for NV too but the lack of screws is a pita.

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

M595 screws are m3.5 not 6/48. At least all of the ones I've fitted rails to, or supplied screws for are....

I bought some M3.5's for my .17Rem 595 and they didn't fit...

A quick call to GMK's workshop on 1 July confirmed they were 6x48UNS on the 595's and an email to Cody Peters at EGW also confirmed that's what they supply and he kindly found and sent me some longer ones. (EGW are slightly countersunk to centralise the rail)

And they do fit.

Perhaps Tikka switched at some point? Or perhaps the pitch of the one's I bought is slightly different? I've got a note from when I was buying the rifle that they were M3.5 x 3 with a 0.6pitch. - The same note tells me the threads for the open sights are M4 x 2.5

Baldie's and Stacka's posts 16 and 17 suggest they're 6x48's
New range of rails - Precision Riflesmith's Showcase - UK Varminting

I guess that if the metric screws went in easily then no harm done.

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

Back