Yukon Photon has arrived - Unboxing with images and now VIDEO

Scott Country

Hello all,

After much waiting, changed delivery dates, time delays the first of our Yukon Photon's arrived into stock today.

Only a small number of the quantity we have on order arrived, and those are now shipping today to customers, so if we have called you, you know its on the way!

We have been using a Photon demo unit for weeks now, and have now only been able to publish the video which you will find below, as demand was already huge Pulsar thought the video being launched would create even more demand for something we they were still to ship.

Demo footage from TV advert.

Here is the first ever unboxing of a production unit.

Yukon Photon 5x42 Digital Night Vision - Product Packaging outer
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Inside the box you find a typical Pulsar/Yukon carry case which is padded to protect optics in transit.

image3.jpg

The Photon unboxed with accessories inc video lead, lens cap and manual
image4.jpg

Photon close up image with protective case

image5.jpg

Photon with lens cap fitted.
image13.jpg

Accessory ports exposed for video recorder output and for external battery pack, also note the brightness dial which also acts as on/off
image6.jpg

Powered by 2 x AA batteries housed inside roof mounted cover
image7.jpg

Objective lens and built in IR laser
image8.jpg

Accessory rail for attachment of IR illuminator, or EPS3 battery. (Our demo unit has a Nightmaster on here now)

image9.jpg

Showing tactical style adjustment turrets and construction of Night Vision mated with Yukon Craft riflescope

image11.jpg

Easy to use Objective lens focus

image12.jpg

Video we did for the Kelso Stalking Fair which includes Yukon Photon footage, albeit not hunting images as we worked at short notice.
If you skip to 3min 20sec where the Night Master section is, that was all filmed with Photon.

Find out more about the new Yukon Photon Digital Night Vision Riflescope on our website.

Or click here to go right to the Photon footage with and without Night Master

More units apparently shipping towards end of the month.

Best Regards

Paul

Last edited:
Hello

We expect more to be dispatched later this month at the factory so if you have paid a pre order deposit you may even get one in June, but most definately sometime in July.

Paul

Last edited:
My shooting buddy is hoping to get his today and with any luck we'll be trying it out tomorrow night - cant wait!! Out of interest what is the retail on these please?

Hi Dodder

They are £399.99 with a max detection range of 190m (man sized object ideal conditions)

Given the NS200 is now over £600, the Photon represents fantastic value for money.

Here is our demo video

Hi Dodder

They are £399.99 with a max detection range of 190m (man sized object ideal conditions)

Given the NS200 is now over £600, the Photon represents fantastic value for money.

Here is our demo video

Paul,

Went out with my buddy last night who had just got his and mounted it on a .22 Hornet. We sighted it in during daylight and while the day picture is a little grainy (as you would expect) it was perfectly acceptable for shooting at sensible ranges (given it is only 5 power magnification). I think the reticle choice suits the unit perfectly. Before it got dark he had a couple fo rabbits with headshots at 70-80yds with no bother at all.

We tried it just as it was getting dark (10.15pm ish), when you could just about see farm animals in the field at 80-100yds, so conditions very good. I have to say I completely disagree with the above quote 'max detection range of 190m (man sized object ideal conditions)'. Thats nonsense - it was WAY better than that! We were able to clearly see rabbits at 250+yds running about as black dots against a much lighter background and it was certainly a good bit clearer and sharper than his Yukon Ranger Digital Monocular.

As you can imagine we were all well impressed and I have to say the build quality looks absolutely excellent - far, far better than I had expected. It certainly wouldnt look amiss on the most expensive rifle.

This is now the next thing on my Christmas list, but the trouble is I'm going to need one each for FAC Air, .22rf and then a centrefire calibre - any chance of a discount for a glowing report Paul? :)

ATB Dodder

Hello and thank you for your post dodder.

i am impressed you got on so well with the unit, I also feel that it does remarkably well and the performance for the cost is brilliant.

Give me a call tommorow and we can have a chat about the unit if you are free.

I was filmed today by a pro cameraman discussing the features etc so hope to share that soon too.
Best Regards

Paul

paul

can you let us all know how it performs in normal daylight conditions etc.

kind regards

bob.

paul

can you let us all know how it performs in normal daylight conditions etc.

kind regards

bob.

Hi Bob, as per post no7 above, its perfectly acceptable for daylight use. As I said, the daytime picture (as well as the night vision picture) is a little grainy which is obviously a trade-off against having night vision capability, but its not too bad. It's obviously no long range varmint scope with only x5 magnification, but for rabbits it would be OK for sensible ranges and for larger targets such Charlie fine for much further distance. In my opinion is it fairly comparable with a normal x6 power fixed scope, but the picture isn't as sharp. My buddy was able to zero a .22 Hornet in quite easily at 100yds and had a couple of rabbits with headshots at 70-80yds and he's an old duffer with wafty eyes!

The really big advantage I can see is going to be that you can use it for daytime use quite adequately and then as it gets dark you can just carry on shooting with the same rifle. How many times have you lost an opportunity when it gets just too dark to make out your quarry through your normal day scope - never again with this....

Just for the record I have absolutely no connection with Scott Country whatsoever, but I am very happy to endorse what I consider to be a cracking piece of kit when I see it!

Hi Bob, as per post no7 above, its perfectly acceptable for daylight use. As I said, the daytime picture (as well as the night vision picture) is a little grainy which is obviously a trade-off against having night vision capability, but its not too bad. It's obviously no long range varmint scope with only x5 magnification, but for rabbits it would be OK for sensible ranges and for larger targets such Charlie fine for much further distance. In my opinion is it fairly comparable with a normal x6 power fixed scope, but the picture isn't as sharp. My buddy was able to zero a .22 Hornet in quite easily at 100yds and had a couple of rabbits with headshots at 70-80yds and he's an old duffer with wafty eyes!

The really big advantage I can see is going to be that you can use it for daytime use quite adequately and then as it gets dark you can just carry on shooting with the same rifle. How many times have you lost an opportunity when it gets just too dark to make out your quarry through your normal day scope - never again with this....

Just for the record I have absolutely no connection with Scott Country whatsoever, but I am very happy to endorse what I consider to be a cracking piece of kit when I see it!

cheers dodder,

thats what i wnated to here,

im not in the market for one, but its nice to know that S&C are doing the biz with this stuff, i fancy the 750 digital unit but unless i can sell a kidney them im stuffed.

thank you and best regards

bob.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply Dodder, i was biking most of the weekend so didnt get much online time.

Dodder summarised what I would have said, however i will add what i usually say when people ask the same.

Dont expect the N750 to perform like a normal day scope during the day, it won't it will look like a black and white digitized image of what you see with less optical clarity.

It is however fine for zeroing during the day and shooting in an evening carrying on into the night.

Our demo unit is back in stock now, so if you want to give one a try....

Best Regards

Paul

How long will it be before they become a regular item of stock, ie, if I phone up to order one, you can say that it will be in the post tomorrow.

Hi

We have over 200 on order, and have so far had 8, one of which we had to keep for demos etc.

Apparently another 17 due in this week.....

So id love to answer your question but simply cant at present.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Are you still taking new orders or are you waiting until the supply is more certain? Cheers-Paul.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply Dodder, i was biking most of the weekend so didnt get much online time.

Dodder summarised what I would have said, however i will add what i usually say when people ask the same.

Dont expect the N750 to perform like a normal day scope during the day, it won't it will look like a black and white digitized image of what you see with less optical clarity.

It is however fine for zeroing during the day and shooting in an evening carrying on into the night.

Our demo unit is back in stock now, so if you want to give one a try....

Best Regards

Paul

Hi paul

i would love to try one but im not in a position to ask for a loan of one, ill wait until my young underkeeper friend who wants one, i think he is hoping to be running it on a tikka t3 22,250.

ps: the new scope also looks very nice, i wonder how long it will be before we have a vari mag on, or infact a doubler that fits to this on ;).

bob.

Hi have you any vids though it in day time? Id be interested in a day shot of say 50-100 yards in daylight then a comparison of the same 50-100 tard view in night conditions

Back