ANTLERS, the curious and the malformed.

stag1933

Lame Roebuck .
HWH.
BUGGYCROWS021.jpg

Good idea for a post this. I have always felt that the variation especially malformed, on Roe heads is what makes them a bit more interesting than for example the sika we shoot. If I can download a couple of photos from my phone I will post them on here.

Good idea for a post this. I have always felt that the variation especially malformed, on Roe heads is what makes them a bit more interesting than for example the sika we shoot. If I can download a couple of photos from my phone I will post them on here.

Of all seven deer species I have shot I have found the Sika to be the most regular and almost devoid of abnormal specimens.
The young Sika stag below had the lower part of his left leg missing. [Probably shot off.]
HWH.
BUGGYCROWS025.jpg

An interesting head.
The coronet seems quite large and the pedicle short and thick, possibly an old gentleman.
The bottom teeth would give an indication of this.

HWH.

Aye. Posssibly damaged whilst in velvet and would have cast and probably grown a good normal head next time.
A useful half-royal showing promise.

HWH.

Another very old gentleman here !
No coronets, tapered pedicles, suture grown together and teeth worn down.
HWH.
BUGGYCROWS026.jpg

Hes an old bugger int he.

I have one if I get time I will take some piccies but he isnt as old as him Hubert, I bet he was called Methusala def one for taking out. Did you take a cross section of his teeth to see how old the owd bugger were?

Hes an old bugger int he.

I have one if I get time I will take some piccies but he isnt as old as him Hubert, I bet he was called Methusala def one for taking out. Did you take a cross section of his teeth to see how old the owd bugger were?

No. I never got that scientific, I classed them as young, middle-age, old and in a rare case like this ancient.
[A good one to give away to someone always asking for one and being a pest!]

HWH.

Back