Scope problem

Give it a short sharp tap with a hammer handle, sometimes they do stick.

Sorry but my experience of Hawke scopes was not good. Things like this sticking just shows where they cut corners in production to make them cheaply. If I were the OP I would write this down to a learning experience and look to get something better.

Of course you could always try to get them to fix it?

Sorry but my experience of Hawke scopes was not good. Things like this sticking just shows where they cut corners in production to make them cheaply. If I were the OP I would write this down to a learning experience and look to get something better.

Of course you could always try to get them to fix it?
No need to be sorry to me, I don't care what you think about his scope!

I'm just trying to HELP him with his problem not just tell him what a cheap **** scope he has and to bin it.

(but you are right :) )

The elivation turrett is not adjusting, it must be jammed up, its on a hawke scope any idears ?

If it is still in warranty send it back to them to fix. I had one on a .22 that the objective lens came loose on(!!), they had it back to me in a week.

I know its a cheap scope, it came on a .222 which i replaced with a leopold. I put this cheap scope ( hawke ) onto my FAC .22 air rifle. Ive emailed Hawke uk and they said not to remove the complete turrett but send it in for repair !! I will try a lump hammer, that might do it........

No need to be sorry to me, I don't care what you think about his scope!

I'm just trying to HELP him with his problem not just tell him what a cheap **** scope he has and to bin it.

(but you are right :) )

Dan I was sorry that he has scope problems. It's frustrating even if not surprising. I must admit that Hawke do a good marketing job and have quite a large stand at the shows. It does not improve the product though.

I know its a cheap scope, it came on a .222 which i replaced with a leopold. I put this cheap scope ( hawke ) onto my FAC .22 air rifle. Ive emailed Hawke uk and they said not to remove the complete turrett but send it in for repair !! I will try a lump hammer, that might do it........

Is the airgun a "springer"? FAC springers are very hard on scope's.

if your anywhere near wiltshire and you can collect it i will give you a replacement scope for your rifle but only if you can pick it up because without being rude its a lot of agro for me to get to my local post office and send it

I've got an old Hawke Pro-Stalk scope (pre-Deben and definately not made in china) on my tikka223, its had over 100 rounds through it and it's still bang on, I certainly wouldn't buy any of the new stuff tho'....callie

I inherited one on my PCP air rifle.
suffered many of the same problems described! windage adjuster stuck, I originally thought it was at its limit in one direction but it was just very stiff. I forced it under the assumption that if it broke it would give me a good reason to replace it. it moved eventually.
now I have bigger problems keeping the reticule in focus when the target is in focus!!

Back