fountain forestry

andycanman

Hi..has anyone had any dealings with fountain forestry and if so how do you find them regarding new leases since they have been taken over by o.c.s.

Hi a friend of mine that i stalk with tried contacting them about a piece land next to his permission for safety and also to see if it was available for lease, he must of spoke them on 5 different occasions and still didn't get anywhere!

Not heard of them being taken over have a lease with them no different to other forestrys can you enlighten me but who is ocs thought fountains was an American company with a huge scale could be wrong ???

i work with foutains on a daily bases, and if the forestry section is as disorganised as the utility dept then good luck.
yes OCS group do own foutains, they took over about 3 years ago when they went under

Last edited:
Dealt with them a few year back,they came to our lease without letting us know
and demolished 1/3 of our lease ,when we complained we were told its a working
​wood.we are no longer with them,

I don't know what part of fountain you dealing with. I've had a lease on the same ground for 8 years now. All I can say is ive never had any problems with them and the girls in the office are alway efficient. It's a shame as when ever fountain forestry is posted on here and it's all doom and gloom.

I used to work for ocs in there pest control department absolutely shocking was run by a woman who had zero experience in the field and get this, didn't want to take on wildlife management work as it was too much of a PC. Hot potato. Can't speak regarding the people running forestry but jeez I hope it's better managed that my experience with the group, I lasted 18 month's and had to get out as was like banging your head against a brick wall.
Regards
Jimmy

Last edited:
Hi and sorry to bother you, but wondered if you would pm me with issues you've had with Fountains......I'm having problems too ! Thanks in advance just need to try and talk to someone with similar issues

Dealt with them a few year back,they came to our lease without letting us know
and demolished 1/3 of our lease ,when we complained we were told its a working
​wood.we are no longer with them,

A pain in the @@@@ but that's the problem with forestry leases, fountain is not unique they are all the same, but they were right in one sense they are working woods, sporting leases are small beer to them.

Looking for views on Fountains Forestry, good, bad or indifferent please. Please feel free to private message me, I'd be really grateful. Im a land/forest owner.

Looking for views on Fountains Forestry, good, bad or indifferent please. Please feel free to private message me, I'd be really grateful. Im a land/forest owner.

I've had leases with them for a number of years now, other than a wee blip, which to be fair was out of their control I've had absolutely no issues. . Pleasant and courteous to deal with.
The only down side is that their prices increase year on year, I think this is just the way of the stalking world these days though.

I am surprised to read some of the comments on here. I happen to know a senior board member of OCS group which for the record is one of the biggest FM companies in the world and one of the largest private/family owned businesses in the UK.

I will be passing on some of these comments.

Last edited:
I have held a Fountains licence for 14 years and have dealt with 4 different foresters over that period and never had a problem. As an retired Land Agent i know the many incessant phone calls you get from stalkers about woods, deer etc. Take earlier post referring to a stalker making 5 phone calls without answer and multiply that by 20 other stalkers with licences, or trying to get licences wanting to talk about woods, deer, poaching, etc ,etc and its not surprising foresters eyes glaze over and they head for the trees whenever the word deer is mentioned. Their business and livelihood revolves around trees and not deer which at varying levels give them a pain in the ar..!

Back