Vorsprung Durck Technik

bogtrotter

Stalking with a Belgian this morning, he took a shot at a Doe while resting the rifle on the bonnet of his car a VW 4x4 perfect heart shot 183 metres (checked with range finder) and one shattered windscreen,rifle was at least a foot away from the screen,I have often shot of the bonnet maybe won't be so keen in the future.

That. Should have been Vorsprung Durch not Durck but I can't edit the title for some reason.

Last edited:
Saw a guy break the back window on his Range Rover once like that. It was raining and he decided to zero his .458 win magnum out of the back with the window flipped up.
We all had a good laugh but at least he laughed too.
What calibre was he using?.

Muzzle blast, especially with no moderator.
And if it busts a windscreen think what it would do to your eardrums !

ps... I did a you tube search and found this :eek: :eek: ...

Last edited:
Last week me and a friend fired his .300 win mag and my .308 off the bonnet of my Jimny but both with mods on. The thought didn't even enter my head but think I'll be a bit more careful in future.

I know someone who did exactly same showing off his new 416, 1st shot windscreen split from corner to corner.

2Q==

You can easily crack a household window by closing it too hard if it has undergone previous stress that may not be visible. Pheasant + window = damage/ stress shock, wave going in and rebounding off laminate in the middle back into the glass could easily be enough to shatter.

It was only Friday I was zeroing my brothers 308 (moderated) off my bonnet. Then had my unmoderated 308 off it for a few shots. The thought had crossed my mind but thought with the muzzle past the windscreen I should be ok. Hearing this I think I'm pretty lucky. I know my dad has burst gun slips before from the blast with the slips about a foot under the muzzle.

Back