Harkila wellies

traveler

Decided on a change on the wellie front and got a pair of Harkila foresters yesterday.

Don't know what they'll last like, but very impressed with the fit and comfort of them so far. Good sole and a lot more support than Le Chameau.

Anybody else had a pair?

I'm on my second pair having to take the first back after the started leaking and the zip sticking failed.

Montrose Guns were unwilling to provide a refund due to the wellies being short of a year old but the new ones are so far so good.

Nice and warm and very comfortable

Regards

BP

I found them great wellies for a little while until the stitching on the zip came away on both boots 4 months old!
Contacted Uttings where I bought them from they said return them for inspection, a week later they contacted me if I wanted my money back or new boots. Got another pair sent I thought fine surely that will be it now! 3 months down the line split along the toe left boot.
Sent back another pair got new ones in return fine I said fair play to Uttings another 5 months down the line split along the toe where it creases while walking this time the right boot!
Contacted Uttings again and they asked if I wanted a refund and I said yes. The boots were well looked after cleaned and treated regular.
Fair play to Uttings no quibbles at all :tiphat:

A man we were stalking with had his heels ripped to shreds by a bloody awful seam down the back. I didn't wear them but they felt rough. I think that pair were unfit for purpose. Aye the kept the water out, but they kept the blood in!!!!

I've had bad experiences like the above with other Harkila products since, such that I wouldn't buy again, but my Foresters are still pristine after what I think is a couple of winters of daily use. Extremely warm and comfortable, as well as completely waterproof so far, touch wood.

Last edited:
I did look at Harkilla's when choosing a new boot & I have other stuff of theirs that I like but I ended up with Le Chameau which I wear at every opportunity (even to walk out to the garage when it's raining), quite glad now reading the feedback on the Harkilla's but I wouldn't imagine every pair have problems.

I've just bought some Arxus wellies after hearing a lot of good things about them, impressed by the quality and fit so far and I suspect will last me well

Decided on a change on the wellie front

If you buy these or the even worse Seelands use a boot jack and carefully to take your boots off. If you do toe-to-heel like we all do they'll very soon split on the heel seam.

All the best,

The inner sole's move around and make your feet painful on the heel and ball! not impressed with a boot that should be as good as there other gear FOR THE AMOUNT OF ££££ they cost ? at first I rated them but a year on yesterday changed my mind :doh: RUN AWAY feller

Ah well..... Mixed, but mostly negative reports! Will just have to wear them and see! So hard to get a decent wellie now without paying an arm and a leg. Like my Le Chameau except when on uneven ground I find my feet 'roll' about too much giving me sore feet.

Thanks for the replies :)

Mine were lovely and comfy but split at the heel after 11 months. Uttings offered a refund so I bought the Toggis with a full-length zip instead. They are wearing really well.

Had the full zip harkila wellies. Great kit but zip failed after one month. A real shame as great design but shocking quality. Aside from footwear have had no issues with their clothing.

Back