howa 1500 mounts

nick-h

Hi I'm after some mounts for my howa I got a piccatiny rail on there which it came with but I don't like it as the sights seat to high on it with the mounts I got .
I'm just woundering on what mounts and bases u guys use and were to get them from
Cheers

Hi I'm after some mounts for my howa I got a piccatiny rail on there which it came with but I don't like it as the sights seat to high on it with the mounts I got .
I'm just woundering on what mounts and bases u guys use and were to get them from
Cheers
what mounts have you got? and what objective size are you trying to mount? may be cheaper to buy new lower mounts rather than replace the rail, as the rail is not all that high and any mounts will require bases. I have two Howas, one with the rail and a large objective scope, the other with Leupold bases and low rings and a 42mm scope that clears the barrel/receiver by about 3mm both rifles mount easily and neither seem too high or low .

I use the Talley mounts sold by Weatherby. I think Talley makes them in Low, Medium and High, but Weatherby only resell the Medium and High. (In any case, I have the Mediums, which fit my 2.5-10x42 fairly well.)

Cheers,
Jeff.

Cheers for the help guys i got a vortex viper to stick on the howa so remington 700 bases will fit the howa thats good to know , I'll do some looking round tomorrow , hopefully i can try my new scope out next weekend

Back