Leica hd-b suitable harness

Fursty Ferret

Anyone out there using the leica hd-b 10x42 binos that can recommend a binos harness and cover that fits well and allows ease of use?
Considering one of Rob/Monarch's units but what about Harkilas offering? A mate has a kuiu one for his ziess 10x56 rf but tried them tonight and the fit could be better.
Regards
FF

Leica are doing a neoprene jacket/harness but I've yet to track one down (I'm after similar for mine), harkila looks good but reviews on youtube don't look good. The usual SD answer is S4 lockdown

Cheers.....s4 lockdown is in the running.....so is the sitka bino bag.....pricey gear without trying them first though.

A few good options in the states by the looks of it but nothing in the UK. Like the bag/harness type design like the badlands or alaskan guide as they offer full protection but still with ease of deployment. All the UK offerings seem to just cover "part" of the binos which is no good for keeping out dust and debris etc and protecting your £1k+ binos. Crazy!......are we not missing a trick here or an I not looking hard enough?

I use the Kuiu large for my 8x42 hd-b. Find the fit is snug. 10x42 may be a bit larger and if so I'd say they're too big

I'm using the niggelogh with my Leica Geovids hdb and it fits just fine. So much easier to carry than with the supplied strap. It is just a harness though with no protection.

I'm using the niggelogh with my Leica Geovids hdb and it fits just fine. So much easier to carry than with the supplied strap. It is just a harness though with no protection.

Thats been the problem.....finding something in the uk with a full protection harness system....was recommended the s4 but not enough protection to keep out dust and the like on these from what I can see. Surely uk suppliers are missing a trick here!??
Anyway....my money has now gone to the US on this

Kuiu bino harness in xl, nothing else compares. The xl fits like a glove but still allows removal with one hand

Last edited:
sorry I find all of those kind pig ugly, bigger then required and do nothing the factory case doesnt do

you could put a waist/chest strap on the factory case and be more mobile

I personally want something that utilises the factory strap, does not require a full D cup bra and keeps them out of the shizzle and drizzle

the swazi one seems to do that but I ain't paying £70 for an oversized hat and a strap!

Likewise, for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone needs a harness for a pair of binoculars. That's what the neck strap is for!

Do we not lug enough stuff around already?

sorry I find all of those kind pig ugly, bigger then required and do nothing the factory case doesnt do

you could put a waist/chest strap on the factory case and be more mobile

I personally want something that utilises the factory strap, does not require a full D cup bra and keeps them out of the shizzle and drizzle

the swazi one seems to do that but I ain't paying £70 for an oversized hat and a strap!

I'm not particularly fussed what they look like....could be bright pink for all I care.....only thing im bothered about is keeping a pair of expensive binos in safe condition whilst in still allowing ease of use of something I use almost daily.
Always just used the neck strap before but climbing up and down high seats......in and out of vehicles.....on and off quad bikes......over gates.....under gates.....through hedges and everything else it aint long before your something breaks.

Likewise, for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone needs a harness for a pair of binoculars. That's what the neck strap is for!

Do we not lug enough stuff around already?

I only carry the bear minimum and thats kinda the point, but this is something I do want to try. If its ***** and it dont work out I'll let you know and you can say I told you so

Last edited:
Back