swaro av

pete evans

How does the swaro av stack up against its other models? Im looking for a variable for my foxing rifle and have seenone of these. Is it a lesser model than other swarovski offerings?

It is of a slightly lesser standard than a PV, but still excellent. Differences seem to be around the reticule and the windage and elevation adjustments. I had a 3-12x50 which was a pretty nice scope.

I've just sent an Habicht 4-12x50 back for repair & to have the reticle changed while it's in bits, this is my primary foxing scope on the .223, it's all you'll need for fox out to 350, superbly clear & good click adjusts. Steve.

I've just sent an Habicht 4-12x50 back for repair & to have the reticle changed while it's in bits, this is my primary foxing scope on the .223, it's all you'll need for fox out to 350, superbly clear & good click adjusts. Steve.
is this an av ? or pv? what the diff?

AV's were made for the American market, I think (hence the A) and are built, again I think (correct me if I'm wrong)... on 1" tubes.

The PVs are mostly 30mm tubes and ought to give marginally better light transmission. Which starts to matter in dismal or twilight conditions, these things don't seem to be such a problem for American hunters, cos the sun shines more out their... oops ... there.

Hi Pete

I use a 4x12x50 AV Swaro with a plex reticle brought from the States on my Mannlicher & its a cracking scope, yes it's a 1" tube but I don't believe it makes a jot of difference.

Pop over any time if you wont to take a peek through it.

Cheers

Chris

Back