Recommendation on scope

ive always been a leupold man you can get a good vx3 4.5-14x50 long range illuminated for £930ish with boone and crocket reticule there a very solid robust sight i have one without illum ret you wont be dissapointed with one

kris

Something European, from one of the well liked brands - Zeiss, Leupold, Swarovski or Schmidt & Bender. My preferance being the latter. NightForce aren't my cup of tea but some like them. You should get a good second hand item for the sort of money your looking at.

Tom

make sure you have a look through a meopta you could even end up with a couple of quid left in your pocket without compromising on quality

You could try looking for an ex demo and get a top quality scope, I got a good swaro from swillington shooting supplies for 50%

Could be worth a look if your not in a rush

Dan, as a full time stalker, why not jump on the Zeiss Pro Stalker bandwagon? Not sure what the latest deal is but they were offering scopes etc at cost if you were willing to promote the products. They pestered me for a while to come on board but I tried to drive a deal and held out for a free scope then they stopped ringing! Doh! JC

Dan, as a full time stalker, why not jump on the Zeiss Pro Stalker bandwagon? Not sure what the latest deal is but they were offering scopes etc at cost if you were willing to promote the products. They pestered me for a while to come on board but I tried to drive a deal and held out for a free scope then they stopped ringing! Doh! JC
Sounds good, any more info? We could plug them on the estate website.

The guy that I was dealing with was called Jonathon Rigby I think, hes the UK sales manager or something like that. Google Zeiss UK and see what comes up. JC

Something European, from one of the well liked brands - Zeiss, Leupold, Swarovski or Schmidt & Bender. My preferance being the latter. NightForce aren't my cup of tea but some like them. You should get a good second hand item for the sort of money your looking at.

Tom

Leupold is American, but i agree they make some cracking scopes. And the warranty is excellent except it has to go back over the pond.

I can't reccomend a swaro 6 - 24 8 50 pvi2 tds4i high enough. I have 2 of them. Sat last night 300y off an earth and was able to shoot until 21.50 hrs and didn't even turn the illumination on as background was gravel. Brighter than my el 8.5 x 42's when on 10 power or less. You might need more than £800 for an illuminated one but a non illuminated one might be affordable, and would probably drop just as many deer. Leupold glass is pony compared to swaro etc. Ok on range but no good for hunting.

Glass

Offroad Gary

I also use Swaro and S&B and agree they are up with the very best, but loads of our US cousins shoot shed loads of stuff using the Leupys. And they are very well thought of by people in other parts of the globe.

Cheers

At that money go for a Meopta. I am also a Leupold owner (MK 4 tactical) very good glass but very fussy on eye positioning. I am v impressed by my 7x50 Meopta. Mate has just fitted the Meopta varriable on his .17 Fireball and it looked very good when i had a quick peep through it.

D

If IR is what you must have then IOR or Meopta is where I would look... I think IOR glass is fantastic, but the scopes tend to be a bit heavy. Alternatively you could hold out for something used coming up on one of the many shooting forums around.

That reticule is actually quite good.
At least for stalking it would be. Maybe not the best for a 300yd crow.

Also have a look at the Kaps scope range. Non illuminated would be around that price,
illuminated 2.5-10x50 or 56 would be around 1000£.

edi

I've been to every end of the scale when it comes to the search for the perfect scope!
I've finally settled for an older Swarovski 3 - 12 x 50 (Habicht PVN I think?) with an illuminated 4N reticle. A lovely little compact light scope with enough mag for the open ground and ranges, but low enough for close woodland work. The fine reticle is perfect for daylight and variable illum for when it gets too dark for the fine reticle. Not too expensive to worry about using as a tool rather than an ornament either!
You should be able to get a used one for about 800 too!;)
MS:)

Back