Gun sellers

private fraser

I have emailed two gun shops who each have a gun for sale on the Guntrader website...no reply from either. I find this a bit confusing and frustrating. In these difficult times money wise I would have thought that anyone in the business of selling anything needs to be totally switched on.
Anyone else have this experience?.

fraser

I have emailed two gun shops who each have a gun for sale on the Guntrader website...no reply from either. I find this a bit confusing and frustrating. In these difficult times money wise I would have thought that anyone in the business of selling anything needs to be totally switched on.
Anyone else have this experience?.

fraser

I have had problems in the past, but this was to do with my email account. If you have an AOL email address, sometimes the messages do not get through the guntrader filter. It may be best if you create a second email account to use on guntrader as I did, solved the problem. Once changed, no further problems.

Timney

Thanks for the replies, there's nothing in my Norton filtered junk box and I have a bt email account. Looks like I'll just have to phone them and damn the expense :).

fraser

Update...

One is sold (curses) but the seller still has it on Guntrader as for sale.
The other seller has two telephone numbers on the ad. One comes up as "number not recognised" and the other number comes up "account discontinued" and he still hasn't answered my emails :-|.
Talk about time wasters.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. I had luck mostly when making enquiries on Guntrader. Although one shop has a rifle advertised and yet a totally different one in the photos. When e-mailed about asking if they actually have to one advertised no response.

Others responded and few sent more detailed photos. Finally settled on the 25-06 P-H 1200C and got it transferred to a localish dealer to pick up.

It was Autotrader I had trouble with :rolleyes: was looking for vehicle and 6 that I expressed interest in all sold that weekend.... :banghead:

Further update...

I phoned a different seller (another Guntrader ad) and left my mobile number on voicemail...no reply.
I never new gunsmiths were so easy-osi about selling stuff :eek:.

fraser

Last edited:
Hi dc5,
I called and spoke to Andy y'day and will see him later this week,thanks for the info. The seller I left the message with is down South. You're right about Gunstar,lot of nice guns there but nothing that suits.
I'll let you know how I get on later this week.
Thanks again.

fraser

I got a nice wee Belgian s/s hammer folding .410 for £60 the other day so I am at last a happy bunny. I'll probably spend more than that getting it done up but I just fancy it. It's perfectly use-able as it is though so lookout squirrels :)

fraser

Back