New film out today-an attempt to get a Macnab, worth a watch

devon deer stalker

I guess only for people with deep pockets or well connected.
I might be able to get a Stag and Salmon on the fly in one day, but the grouse would be a problem, unless Prince Charles let me have a bash on the few that exist on Dartmoor!

Cheers

Richard

Bloody poor Sean Connery impersonator doing the voiceover!

The direction, cinematography and overall production values are superb... but you're absolutely right about the voice-over.

The work that clearly went in to create a dreamlike vision of perfection is staggering, but the result is of course a far cry from the squelchy, sweaty, sweary (to oneself as much as possible), muddy, breathless roulette of frustration and joy that real life brings.

But that's advertising for you. However high-grade, its stock in trade is always fantasy.

Last edited:
It looks like Auch and Invermeran Estate, top of Glen Llyon.

:thumb:
Nice dog in the the stag section a full German BMH I believe.
You not breeding that mut West Point.
It dose a good job of promoting Scotland and why not ,its Gods country and were all should go at least once in there life if they believe they are deer stalkers.

Last edited:
Very relaxing to watch.
Some very good shots there (picture), I liked the slo-mo of the shotgun closing, very evocative.
Couldn't see the gun maker on this wee phone screen. Anyone help?.
The dram pouring was a bit sloppy though,they spilled a bit.

Last edited:
who cares where it was shot etc... you cant beat a fine bit of totty in tweeds squeezing a trigger! very nice.... very nice indeed!!!

Will say though, that was a nice example of my next dog.. :)

Back