What Soud Moderator

KMCK

Well my variation for a sound moderator arrived this afternoon from Strathclyde Police only took 5 days top marks for S.P. now just have to decide which one to get for my .222 i would like an over the barrel type and not to heavy,any suggestions folks.

A-tec do an end can which is very good but the new model out is an over barrel mod and slightly heavier, i would check these mods out !

Well my variation for a sound moderator arrived this afternoon from Strathclyde Police only took 5 days top marks for S.P. now just have to decide which one to get for my .222 i would like an over the barrel type and not to heavy,any suggestions folks.

I would always recommend ASE Northstar to anyone which I have on my.308 and .243, but probably a little too heavy for what you are looking for. Solidly built tho and hopefully will last for ages.

Alex Dalgleish can get you an AU-SL5. Worthwhile checking this one out even though it is a screw on the end moderator. Regards JCS

Alex has actually got an AU-SL5 (1/2" unf ) in stock, along with CMM4, CMM6 and T8 Reflex, your spoilt for choice!!

Sorry JCS the CMM4 gets my vote, great bit of kit.

Rgds, Buck.

PS, forgot to mention North Star (M14).

As mentioned Atec CMM-4.

I had the one on my .222 until I got rid of the rifle, it was a 6.5mm. With the .222 you can get away with taking out two of the baffel sections which will make it a really nice short and light moderator. I have the Atec maxim on my .22-250, it pretty heavy and despite being lighter than the T8 I'd happily pick a T8 over it if I had the choice again... I like not having to clean my T8, quick squirt of WD-40 and leave it to dry near the stove.

not over barrel but look at the ase cqbs if your feeling flush. only 90mm in length and will be great on the 222

I'm a big fan of the wildcat predator 8 I've got 3 of them
1 on my 17 fireball
1 on my 22 hornet
1 on my 223

All work very well and no problems I've heard a few horror stories about the Jackson mods so stayed away from those

Paul

I'm a big fan of the wildcat predator 8 I've got 3 of them
1 on my 17 fireball
1 on my 22 hornet
1 on my 223

All work very well and no problems I've heard a few horror stories about the Jackson mods so stayed away from those

Paul

I would be interested to hear what horror stories you have heard, as my experience is the total opposite. Wildcat mods are poorly designed backed up by poor customer service. Jacksons sell a large range of quality products with something for everyone's pocket, and I have never had a single problem with the products or the customer support.

I would be interested to hear what horror stories you have heard, as my experience is the total opposite. Wildcat mods are poorly designed backed up by poor customer service. Jacksons sell a large range of quality products with something for everyone's pocket, and I have never had a single problem with the products or the customer support.

+1 I have one on my .204 they do work quite well but are a bit on the heavy side. However the surface coating is flaking off on the cylinder, not something you would expect on a £200+ item. And as for customer service it took me over four weeks and countless phone calls just to get a bridge in a different thread size. I think I am going to try a Spartan from Thirdeye it looks like a good bit of kit from a quality manufacturer.

Regards Tony

Here's a picture of a T8 that let go
Moderator046.jpg

Back