Bath & West game fair

Just got back, a good day out, similar to previous years, good deals on ridgeline and deerhunter clothing. spent too much!!!!

Same as every other year really but I think probably a bit less to see, the stands seemed more spread out than before. Not great but not bad if you've not been before.

Yes, I went today, much of a muchness really, still i met a few people i hadnt seen for a while and its good to catch up, was hoping to find a `cold steel ` knife but none available...Bought some Hmr rounds and a couple of boar burgers...Quite happy

Went today, yes it's maybe a bit samey but had a great day out, and best of all it was busy but not stupidly overcrowded like Stoneleigh was.

Well worth a visit if you're fairly local.

Went yesterday and as Jim xyz says worth a visit if you're fairly local. Couldn't find the fleece that i wanted but bought various leads etc for the teckel. Shame there isn't much gun trade representation.

Deer Diary

A good day out. Not the biggest fair by any imagination. Mostly indoors. Seemed to be dominated by clothing traders. Some good deals to be had on various bits and pieces.
Worth a visit if you're localish.

Just got back. Brrr it was colder inside some of the barns than outside. Have been many times in the past. Parking was OK inspite of recent heavy rain. Was a bit disappointed but coming so soon after Stoneleigh I realise that's just a personal thing. We had complementary tickets, so it was good value!

Really good day out had a go on the gundogs with the lab .
shot on the clays second place only paid first :cry: pretty poor set up but good targets
nice lunch in the upstairs dining hall .
nice to meet up with tony off here ( cookingfat )
boody freezing though picked up some reloading gear off norman clark
but no 39 grain blitzkings regards pete

Same as Pete (Roedinator) had a cracking day, stocked up at Norman clark, had a good natter on the NGO stand and spent to much money on a painting of grey partridges,

had a good lunch with freinds in the hall, had a good old chat with Kit from muntjac trading and yes it was bloody cold but cant do nothing about the weather.

meet Pete(Roedintor) at a dogs for deer day in Devon some years ago and the only time we meet is at this fair, nice to see you again Pete, see you next year....

A show organiser has to put enough stuff in to appeal to the other halves ;)
Years ago it was practically all hunting related and kept you busy for the day. Leave out the non hunting things now and you can be ready to go home again in a few hours.

Back