Kahles repair needed.

Code4

My Kahles 3.5-10x40 AH with 1" tube has lost the click adjustment feaure on the elevation turret. I would like to send it to Austria/Germany for repair and service.

I have tried their web site but the links from Down Under just get sent to the USA.

Does anyone know or and have experience of a Kahles repairer ?

And if you want to contact Khales direct;

[h=2]Kahles Gesellschaft mbH[/h][h=2]Danfoss Straße 5[/h][h=2]2353 Guntramsdorf[/h][h=2]Telephon +43 (0)2236 52020 - 0[/h]
info@khales.at

Stan

The cross hairs on mine is starting to get like this. Did you go through RUAG or direct to Kahles? Did it cost anything?

I emailed them directly in Austria. I've never been one for middle men! :lol:

I'm sure standard parcel post to europe cost surprisingly little, and that was all I paid towards the whole thing.

They do say that once they've checked it, they will inform you if any work would be covered under warranty. My scopes a steel tubed model from the 90's and there wasn't any problem with them accepting responsibility to do the work.

I sent back a 98 model steel tubed 4x scope to Kahles for the "hairy reticle" fix in 2003, and again in 2005. All was good except in 2003 but for the postage courier charges for the returns of ~$80. I dealt direct with Kahles. In 2005 on the return journey the scope was appropiated by some one in the Australian postal system and Kahles came through with a brand spanking new alloy nitrogen sealed model with a etched glass reticle so now no more rusty silver/nickel wire reticle problem.

Just had a great experience with Kahles.

info@khales.at

Not only was it repaired, but fully serviced and the lens caps replaced for free.

They also re-packaged the scope in its original box and then placed that inside another Kahles marked box with the new end caps for the free return. It took less than 4 weeks from Oz to Austria and back.

Great service.

Last edited:
They also re-packaged the scope in its original box and then placed that inside another Kahles marked box with the new end caps for the free return.

If they re-boxed a scope like this for a UK customer would customs and excise put tax on it thinking it was a new scope?

There was an Invoice attached to the outside of the box in one of those clear stick-on envelopes. It outlined the repairs and servicing done and would no doubt indicate it was a returned 2nd hand item.

Back