Roe Bucks

6pointer

Well it is nearly time to start on the bucks only a few weeks to go what are your plans and have you made arrangments to get that trophy buck on your wall. Or is a full freezer more your thing.
Me i want to finally get to grips with this fella.

AndrewsdeeraliveforInternet.jpg

I want a nice 'rep' head from my ground for the wall - I've never bothered to have one mounted in the past. I've only ever taken 1 medal quality head (a bronze) from my land and that was by a friend - typical! Apart from that, plenty of meat for the freezer and if said decent buck doesn't come along, I won't lose any sleep!

Tom

Dont think i have seen any real big bucks up to now, they are still well in velvet down here too.
Some what i thought were monsters last year just turned out to be average rep heads by the time they were clean.
I think im going to start a bit later in the month, last time the bucks antlers in my area were a bit anemic in early april. Df

I have already booked for my annual trip to the bucks for the early April, I have spoken to my guide and he assures me that I should mange at least two medal heads, you listening Davie :rofl:

John

Seeing some nice bucks and the odd freak head on the ground now, while I'm out pigeon shooting most days. :stag:

I have to decide if I want to shoot this guy this year or wait. If we shoot him fingers crossed he hits 140 CiC point so I get an invite to shoot the piggys in Germany next season.

View attachment 13516

I have to decide if I want to shoot this guy this year or wait. If we shoot him fingers crossed he hits 140 CiC point so I get an invite to shoot the piggys in Germany next season.

View attachment 13516

That is a very tall buck he's a cracker, hope he makes the 140 for you.

Saw a very nice buck at the weekend just cleaning off, going to be keeping an eye on him!!

Moose

Well it is nearly time to start on the bucks only a few weeks to go what are your plans and have you made arrangments to get that trophy buck on your wall. Or is a full freezer more your thing.
Me i want to finally get to grips with this fella.

AndrewsdeeraliveforInternet.jpg

Is he on the wrong side of the fence:)

Seriously short of deer down here,not sure where they have all gone,not much ground not being stalked nowadays, think it was better when the greedy guys had all te ground with no time to get round....

Back