Please help!!!!! 357 sig

Alwyn

Hi Guys

I've just been fortunate to get my new 357 sig, but am battling to find expanding ammo for it. Can anyone tell me where I can find either the bullet heads to self load or ready made bullets.

Thanks in advance for you help Alwyn.

hi,
prvi partisan from Henry Krank will make cheap practice and empty cases (assuming you are zeroing in grass!) and Midway UK will give you dies, cases and lead heads .... not sure you will find tradition expanding heads and I believe importers will want a minimum order of 1000 to specially bring them in ....
US websites reckon the 357 SIG is very fiddly to reload reliably so ....
good luck!
PS let me know how you get on please
Tony

US websites reckon the 357 SIG is very fiddly to reload reliably so ....
good luck!

Tony
. I can attest to that ! I just went thru the learning curve on 357 SIG I loaded about 600 rounds for a friends Glock 357 SIG and it was somewhat a PITA !

Hi Alwyn
did you get any joy?
If you specially order some factory ammo I will go in with you if that helps with a minimum order.
Mark Hazels gunroom has looked in to this for me a while back ... 01453 845588
Tony

Sorry lads but curiousity has got the better of me. How do you get a .357 Sig Pistol in Britain?

Yorkie.

Can I ask why you went for such an oddball calibre rather than 9mm or .45 that would have been far easier to feed. After all how many animals a year are you planning on shooting. When I used to do large animal work 50 rounds would last for years even when shared between all of the vets in the practice. Not sure if I'm missing something magical about the 357sig but the project seemed destined to be difficult right from the start. Saying that I hope you find something. Could the dealer who sold you the gun not order some in?

I must admit I am surprised at 357 Sig as a choice. Also one of the few "necked" pistol rounds.

I'd have thought .357 Mag/.38 Sp revolver would have suited you better: SIGnificantly (sorry :coat:) easier to feed as the gallery rifle boys get through a lot of .357 rounds.

If you are set on a Semi-auto I'd have thought 124gr 9mm +P would have got you close to .357 Sig performance perhaps? (Also I would imagine brass easier to come by).

Even 40 S&W would be less of a PTA to load and still punchy if you want more power.

(I shoot pistols a fair bit over here in Switz so am reasonably familiar with the European pistol scene. Drop me a PM if you would like to talk more)

ATB,

Scrummy
PS: What are you thinking of getting? Glock 31/32/33 or a Sig or something else?

Back