Cant call yourself a reloader unless...

1967spud.com

TITLE SHOULD READ "MY TOP 5 RELOADING BOOKS "

NOT INCLUDING LOAD DATA MANUALS AS THEY ARE BULLET/POWDER SPECIFIC

At No 1 spot THE BOOK OF RIFLE ACCURACY BY TONY BOYER - AWESOME BOOK GET IT, EVEN IF YOU GET NO OTHER

in at No 2 and 3 HANDBOOK FOR SHOOTERS & RELOADERS VOL 1 &2 BY P O ACKLEY - THE WILDCATTERS BIBLE FROM THE LEGEND HIMSELF

staying at No 4 PRECISION SHOOTING - RELOADING GUIDE- EDITED BY DAVE BRENNAN

and a new entry at No 5 APPLIED BALLISTICS FOR LONG RANGE SHOOTING BY BRYAN LITZ - I BET THAT ANYBODY WHO IS SERIOUS ABOUT LONG RANGE WORK WILL LEARN AT LEAST SOME , MORE OR LOADS FROM THIS BOOK

Last edited:
I guess it's a miracle that I have ammunition to shoot since clearly I'm not a reloader, especially since I don't buy factory ammo! LOL

...you have at least 3 out of 5 of the following books in your collection <snip>

So only as long as you swallow the minutiae of a gun writer you are a reloader? one word Balls.:D
Far too much crap out there for the novice to try and comprehend - 90% of the BR voodoo can be junked without affecting
how to reload. The only book in the list worth owning is Parker Ackleys one.
It is empirically based without resort to voodoo.

My top reloading manual; destined to be as concise as the two word dieting book entitled “Eat Less”, is the one that states if you can master the art of producing consistently accurate Hornet ammunition you can relodload anything well.
:stir:

Cheers

K

My top reloading manual; destined to be as concise as the two word dieting book entitled “Eat Less”, is the one that states if you can master the art of producing consistently accurate Hornet ammunition you can relodload anything well.

Cheers

K

Then I must be pretty good!:D~Muir

Cheers

K

there speaks a man with patiants.

god i hated the hornet so so much. but it did make me concentrate on loading things the way it should be done.

bob.

Then I must be pretty good!:D~Muir

Me too !
Having been at it since 1961 I should have acquired the art.
HWH.
BUGGYCROWS048.jpg

View attachment 20424this is my old 20 tac at 100 yards.

I don't shoot paper much and i don't keep records of it NORMALY

BUT,

This is probably the best group i have ever shot, not tried it since,

rl10 x @ 23.5 gr
40gr Hornady V max.
Dakota brass.
cci primer.

rifle was a Neil McKillops custom built 20 tac on a mini mauser action, 20" barrel jet z mod, zeiss conquest 6.5/20x50 rapid z 600, front and rear bags, no wind to talk of and before i had my op.

bob.

Storing information is a key to success as it can be used to assist others at a later date.
I have never had a `custom`rifle or an `improved`cartridge` calibre rifle.
The group above was shot with a bog standard T3 Tikka .243 rifle.

HWH.

Sorry I just don't get the OP statement. Surely the goal of reloading is to produce safe, realiable and accurate ammo. If that's the case just follow the instructions contained in the lee die sets. My 2 cents worth.

Back